Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool "Application not compatible with phone. Continue anyway" Warning Msg How to avoid?

when I trry to install any application or sisx file it show the warning message as below

"Application not compatible with phone. Continue anyway"

How to avoid this error. I have submitted my apps or contents in ovi site with nokia signing already.

Re: "Application not compatible with phone. Continue anyway" Warning Msg How to av

when I trry to install any application or sisx file it show the warning message as below

"Application not compatible with phone. Continue anyway"
    This type of warning shows when you have not give supporting ID in the package file Like this:-

;Supports Series 60 v 3.0
    [0x101F7961], 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

How to avoid this error
    You have to give all related series ID's for the application.

I have submitted my apps or contents in ovi site with nokia signing already.
    You have to sign and submit again for the solution.

regards,

Super Contributor

Re: "Application not compatible with phone. Continue anyway" Warning Msg How to av

Some more user inputs like build is compiled for which platform and you are testing on which device are useful to us.
    Code:
    ;Supports Series 60 v 3.0
    [0x101F7961],0,0,0,{"S60ProductID"}
    ;Supports S60 5th Edition
    [0x1028315F],0,0,0,{"S60ProductID"}
    ;Supports ^3
    [0x1028315F],0,0,0,{"S60ProductID"}

Super Contributor

Installer always check the current phone's platform UID with the platform UID you have mentioned in your pkg file. Say you are installing an app for Symbian^3 platform then in your package file
    [0x20022E6D],0,0,0,{"S60ProductID"}
    If you miss this in your pkg file and if you try to install it to Symbian^3 device, you will get this note. Best way you list all the platform you are going to support by your app.

UID are listed here.
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...fication_codes

Super Contributor

Hi mahbub_s60 can u share ur skype id etc I will be in touch you to solve my queries etc according to your timings.

Super Contributor

If you like you can submit a support request and somebody will help you, see this link
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou..._support.xhtml