Discussion Board

Submit App for Siging Rejected

Hi All,

I need help why our app was rejected on the analysis part of the submission. The case is we renewed our certificate and signed our sis files with the new certificate but then it was rejected.

Here are the details:

Analysis Problems: Your submission uses a publisher ID which differs from your verification publisher ID, SigningOption: Express
    Your submission uses a publisher ID which differs from your verification publisher ID, SigningOption: Certified

Is it because that the verification publisher ID used before was the old one? and it didn't match with the new one? if that is the case how do we change the verification publisherID? Please help

Thanks.
    Last edited by dackyD; 2011-11-02 at 14:48. Reason: added a question

Super Contributor

Re: Submit App for Siging Rejected

Quote Originally Posted by dackyD View Post
    Hi All,

I need help why our app was rejected on the analysis part of the submission. The case is we renewed our certificate and signed our sis files with the new certificate but then it was rejected.

Here are the details:

Analysis Problems: Your submission uses a publisher ID which differs from your verification publisher ID, SigningOption: Express
    Your submission uses a publisher ID which differs from your verification publisher ID, SigningOption: Certified

Is it because that the verification publisher ID used before was the old one? and it didn't match with the new one? if that is the case how do we change the verification publisherID? Please help

Thanks.
    Hi,

You have probably verified your account with your previous Publisher ID and that one is still valid? Once the current PubID expires your account will be automatically unverified and you can then verify it with your new account. Could you check that this is the case?

Thanks,
    Valtteri
    Symbian Signed team

Nokia Developer Moderator

Have you verified that the name etc. infomrations are same with the two publicer IDs ?

Correct that is the case, the current PubID will actually expire this 23rd of November 2011. So I guess we have to wait then for the expiration date before signing our sis files with the renewed certificate.
    Another Question:
    Not all our sis files are express signed, we have sis files that needs to submitted to test houses for signing.
    1.) Is there a buffer period for our sis files with expired certificate to be still valid while waiting for the results from the test house?

I hope my question is understandable. Thanks

@symbianyucca actually it was just verified once with a PubId which will expire this 23rd. But what bothers me is the sis files with the expired certificate, will they still work while waiting for the results from the test house? We can't expect for the test house to finish the testing and signing in one day. Hope you have something for me here. Thanks

As I remember your old publisher ID remains "in charge" until it expires, the new one is just put into a queue.
    If it is true (I would not put my life on it though), you have to use the old certificate by default. If you do not like it and want to use the new one "prematurely", you can probably discuss it with the support (symbian dot signed at nokia dot com, or something like that).
    For the signed applications-question: the publisher ID is used for identifying you in the signing process, it does not appear in the signed application package, and thus its validity does not affect the validity of the signed package. signsis -o can list you the signatures of a .sis file, you will see that the file contains Symbian Signed signatures, and their validity is 10 years or something (perhaps just 5?).

Thank you wizard_hu_ for a short and precise answer. I was exchanging mails with symbian signed support and they couldn't answer this simple question. You saved my day cheers!!!!

I strongly suggest trying it first prior to being happy, because it is just a memory of some reading (I have no Publisher ID).