Discussion Board

Question Symbian App root element in QML

Hi !

My application is actually using a PageStackWindow as its root element for the application. Works great for Meego but not for Symbian.

So i have switched this component to use ApplicationWindow instead. But I have strange results in the simulator :

The semantics of screen.height property is deprecated, see QTCOMPONENTS-521. Please use screen.displayHeight to query native screen height.
    The semantics of screen.height property is deprecated, see QTCOMPONENTS-521. Please use screen.displayHeight to query native screen height.
    warning: ApplicationWindow is an experimental component. Use Window instead.
    file:///home/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian/StatusBar.qml:148:17: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/qtg_graf_signal_level_full
    file:///home/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian/StatusBar.qml:131:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/qtg_graf_signal_level_bg

I don't use screen.height anywhere in my application so I don't understand these errors.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Symbian App root element in QML

that is just warnings, could be that they are coming from somewhere on the ApplicationWindow component as well.

I suppose the actual errors are the missing images defined in the StatusBar QML component.