Discussion Board

Exclamation meago platform api for getting call details of incoming/outgoing voice calls .

Hi, can somone suggest maego platform apis or qt mobility apis for seeking details such as phone number, call duration etc.. of an incomig/outgoing call . Thanks in advance, DJ

Super Contributor

Re: meago platform api for getting call details of incoming/outgoing voice calls .

Hi DJ,
    Mobility doesn't provide any API which can provide the info you are looking for.

Did you take a look to commhistory?
    http://wiki.meego.com/Commhistory

You can use straight DBus to access to some of those info more info here http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control

Re: meago platform api for getting call details of incoming/outgoing voice calls .

Thanks gnuton. That was some useful information.

My exact requirement is to do some activity(such as activate loud speaker or end the call) when an incoming call from a particular number or outgoing call to a particular number happens. I used systemcontrol API to receive call events and also use proper enumeration sequence to differentiate incoming calls from outgoing calls. Where I need help is to seek the number based on which I need to do some activity. Kindly hint me with some suitable APIs. I am not sure if Commhistory and Phone_control helps. or is it possible? am I missing something very basic here?

-DJ

Super Contributor

In order to make this post useful to other readers, I added below the link to API used by djagadish7.
    Best way I know is using D-Bus.

If you run dbus-monitor -system
    you can start to read messages like these for incoming calls

signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2911 path=/com/nokia/csd/call; interface=com.nokia.csd.Call; member=Coming
    object path "/com/nokia/csd/call/1"
    string "+39yyyxxxxxx"
    and messages like these for

signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2947 path=/com/nokia/csd/call; interface=com.nokia.csd.Call; member=CreateRequested
    string "+39yyyxxxxxx"
    uint32 0
    signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2948 path=/com/nokia/csd/call; interface=com.nokia.csd.Call; member=ServerStatus
    boolean true
    boolean false
    signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2950 path=/com/nokia/csd/call; interface=com.nokia.csd.Call; member=Created
    object path "/com/nokia/csd/call/1"
    string "+39yyyxxxxxx"
    signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2951 path=/com/nokia/csd/call/1; interface=com.nokia.csd.Call.Instance; member=CallStatus
    uint32 1
    uint32 0
    uint32 0
    signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2952 path=/com/nokia/csd/csnet; interface=com.nokia.csd.CSNet; member=ActivityChanged
    string "Call"
    signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2953 path=/com/nokia/csd/call/1; interface=com.nokia.csd.Call.Instance; member=CallStatus
    uint32 3
    uint32 0
    uint32 0
    You can use QDBus and listen for these signals and forget about systemControl APIs.

http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/unsta....html#_details

To connect DBus signal to Qt Signal take a look at this page: http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/unsta....html#_details