Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool How to change my application's sisx name to my desired name as YuppTV.sisx

How to change my application's sisx name from the present " App1.sisx" to my desired name as YuppTV.sisx . I want

to change the sisx for all the devices like s60 3rd edition, s60 5th Edition and symbian 3 devices.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to change my application's sisx name to my desired name as YuppTV.sisx

In your .pkg file, it must be written like:
    Code:
    ; standard SIS file header
    #{"ProjectName"},(0xED9C0AC0),1,0,0
    Here, you can try giving the desired sis file name in the place of "ProjectName".

Super Contributor

Yes it is already there.

I not only want to change the icon name or title name but also the sisx file name

Super Contributor

presently my application's sisx file name is App1_S60_3_X_v_1_0_0.sisx I want to change it to YuppTV.sisx .

Nokia Developer Champion

oops... very sorry. I gave you the wrong answer in my last reply.

You can give the desired sis/ sisx name while creating the sis file itself via Properties >>Build Configurations., It gives you the that option.

Super Contributor

How is it possible bacuse Iam seeing the name of the .pkg presently as " App1_S60_3_X_v_1_0_0.pkg"

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    How is it possible bacuse Iam seeing the name of the .pkg presently as " App1_S60_3_X_v_1_0_0.pkg"
    Whatever the name of the package file isnt relevant here, give the desired file name for 'output file name' in the build configuration..and that should do the trick for you unless you are looking for something drastically different from what I understand.

Super Contributor

where and How can I change the output filename.

Project->properties->Build configurations showing my original and present .pkg file but for example App1_S60_3_X_v_1_0_0.pkg . But I want to change my sisx file name to YuppTV.sisx

Super Contributor

I clicked Edit I found PKG File and Output File name , Signed SIS File name .Yes I have changed the signed sis file name and I finally got it. It is working.

Thank you very much
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2011-11-04 at 10:06.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    presently my application's sisx file name is App1_S60_3_X_v_1_0_0.sisx I want to change it to YuppTV.sisx .
    Simply i do it on my Windows 7 machine by pressing "F2" key and then keep whatever name i want.