Discussion Board

Meego app fails QA because of swipe behaviour, anybody else had the same issues?

I have two Meego apps for the N9 which have both failed QA for the same reason (below).
    This makes no sense to me, this behaviour is from Meego, not my Qt apps.
    On my N950 I'm unable to reproduce " application is closed after swiping from Right-Life".
    And also " The application cannot be closed after swiping from Top-Down." does this mean my app is supposed to close when swiping Top-down". No other apps do this?.
    I have emailed developer support, but no response. Anybody else had the same issues?

Comments from the QA team:
    Failed QA.
    ISSUE #1: SUMMARY: The application is closed after swiping from Right-Life.
    STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Download and install the content.
    2. Launch the content.
    3. Swipe the screen from Right-Left.
    ACTUAL RESULT: The application closes.
    EXPECTED RESULT: The application should not close when minimizing the application to recents by swiping: Left-Right, Right-Left, Down-Top. For Portrait applications, swiping from Top-Down should close the application and it should not appear in recents. For Landscape applications, swiping the device from Top-Down while holding the device in Landscape should close the application and it should not appear in recents.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: N9 Firmware: v 10.2011.34-1_PR_003.
    FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100%.

ISSUE #2: SUMMARY: The application cannot be closed after swiping from Top-Down.
    STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Download and install the content.
    2. Launch the content.
    3. Swipe the screen from Top-Down.
    ACTUAL RESULT: The application cannot be closed.
    EXPECTED RESULT: The application should not close when minimizing the application to recents by swiping: Left-Right, Right-Left, Down-Top. For Portrait applications, swiping from Top-Down should close the application and it should not appear in recents. For Landscape applications, swiping the device from Top-Down while holding the device in Landscape should close the application and it should not appear in recents.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: N9 Firmware: v 10.2011.34-1_PR_003.
    FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100%. (public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Meego app fails QA because of swipe behaviour, anybody else had the same issues?

I think swipe to close changed a bit in PR1.1 compared to PR1.0. With the latest version applications close when swiping physical top-down. With physical top-down I mean that if you hold device upside down apps will close when swiping from "normal" bottom to down. In PR1.0 top-down was always related to portrait/landscape mode.

Is your application portrait or landscape?

Re: Meego app fails QA because of swipe behaviour, anybody else had the same issues?

Thanks mikkovtr, that explains a lot.
    First problem is that on my N950 does not seem to have the "PR1.1" behaviour, which is why I did not understand this.
    Second problem is that my apps are in Qt (not QML) and may look like they are in portrait, but are in fact in landscape which I think is confusing the QA team.

Nokia Developer Champion

I have firmware version PR1.1(2.2011.39-5_PR_RM680) in N950 where top is always the physical top side of the device (when closing applications). Applications still rotate two ways only.

QA tests are run on different firmware so there might be some varying results because of that. Also if your applications looks like portrait but is landscape to system, that would likely cause the behavior described in QA report.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mikkovtr View Post
    I have firmware version PR1.1(2.2011.39-5_PR_RM680) in N950 where top is always the physical top side of the device (when closing applications). Applications still rotate two ways only.

QA tests are run on different firmware so there might be some varying results because of that. Also if your applications looks like portrait but is landscape to system, that would likely cause the behavior described in QA report.
    I'm running this by the technical support team to get further insight on this issue. Is this a Qt Quick application? Let me know and I'll forward this to the team.

Andrew

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post

I'm running this by the technical support team to get further insight on this issue. Is this a Qt Quick application? Let me know and I'll forward this to the team.

Andrew
    Notice that it's not me who has the problem. Not a QML program means no qtquick too afaik

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jscurtis View Post
    Thanks mikkovtr, that explains a lot.
    First problem is that on my N950 does not seem to have the "PR1.1" behaviour, which is why I did not understand this.
    Second problem is that my apps are in Qt (not QML) and may look like they are in portrait, but are in fact in landscape which I think is confusing the QA team.
    Your application must close when using the global gesture swipe down to close by swiping the finger from top to bottom (top meaning starting from where the earpiece is located) if it is a portrait app and from right to left if it is a landscape app. This has been around since PR1.0 (version 34.1 for N9 and version 34.2 for N950) and it can be switched on by going to the settings->device->display and switching on "Swipe down to close app".

The screen orientation mode can be set properly using the following guide: http://harmattandev.nokia.com/docs/l..._rotation.html.
    Because your app is not QT Quick please look at the alternate section named: Controlling rotation in other UI frameworks

Global gestures are system wide events that react based on what the system interprets as the orientation of the screen, so if the system does not know what the orientation that your app is in then it may not have the correct global gesture enabled for swipe down to close and therefore, fail QA. By default swipe down to close will be right to left because by default the system orientation is in landscape, so because your app is portrait and has not told the system that it is in portrait and not landscape the swipe down to close global gesture is behaving as if your app is in landscape and that will fail QA.

If you are still having issues, please send us an email at developer.support@nokia.com and provide me with the ticket reference number so I can forward this to the Technical team.

Andrew