Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata.

I have submitted my symbian, c++ application/content recently. this content is for symbian 3 , s60 5th edition mobile and s60 3rd edition mobile /device.

After submitting the content the QA people gave the following report :

The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata.

I have initailly used a 256*256 PNG format image and converted into .svg format uisng inkscape

and kept or saved in .gfx foldr of my app.

Please tell me where Iam wrong ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata.

Basically just make sure it looks the same. So make sure it is not cut etc.

Super Contributor

Re: The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata.

Iam seeing clearly on my side that there is no cut or any change in the application icon and clearly visible the exact image I required.

then see that you actually used right images when you uploaded them to Store, and if they are correct ones, then just ask for more information for the problem from the QA, and re-submit the content for QA.

Super Contributor

yes it ws a mistake of mine . Some images are not exactly the same as I uploaded. I have rectified the mand resubmitted the sisx files.

Super Contributor

Yes recently I included primary screnshot of .jpg format which I would have corrected earlier but I was canfused .

Super Contributor

Cool Re: The icon displayed in the device menu is different from the one in metadata.

Hi symbianucca If you can access my content data of publish .Ovi site please resolve the issue of MyView.PNG which I am not seeing at

my side but QA poeple have found it.

I have placed every where the YuppTV256.PNG which I wanted only.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2011-11-09 at 08:23.

can you PM me with actual content name and the publicer name and I'll see if I can find it.

Super Contributor

I will Pm you as you said.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2011-11-09 at 12:16.

Super Contributor

Hi symbianucca It is saying you have reached to the maximum storage space in pvt messages and I cannot send PM to you

Super Contributor

Download important messages on local machine and then delete all messages from Inbox and SentItem.

Super Contributor

hi savaj actually I wanted to send symbianucca a PM but he is facing problem as he exceeded the storage space for Pm etc. so I wanteed to inform him via DB

Super Contributor

I have tried to PM you Mr symbianucca Please delete ur storage space for Pm as you have exceede ur storage space that is why Iam unable to Pm you.

its cleaned now, thus should work again.

Super Contributor

sent a PM just now . Please work out on my contents just now1 content QA failed again