Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Cool Today I have Installed Qt 1.1.2 SDK I want to run a working live streaming Qt app

Today I have Installed Qt 1.1.2 SDK I want to run a working live streaming Qt app based on Qt widgets

etc . It worked on s60 5th edition device and symbian 3 devices too but saying device not supported

(when tried to install)on nokia E71 i.e s60 3rd edition device. I have built with Qt 4.7.3 for symbian

1(Qt SDK)

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Today I have Installed Qt 1.1.2 SDK I want to run a working live streaming Qt a

I think all symbian 3rd edition FP2 device are not supported by Qt. For example I am not been able to install Qt on my N96. Check E71 is supported or not.

Regards.
    Jajal Mehul

Super Contributor

Re: Today I have Installed Qt 1.1.2 SDK I want to run a working live streaming Qt a

It is supported

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by james1980 View Post
    I think all symbian 3rd edition FP2 device are not supported by Qt. For example I am not been able to install Qt on my N96. Check E71 is supported or not.

Regards.
    Only the N96 is not supported : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Qt_for_Symbian

Super Contributor

Hi rahulvala nokia E 71 supports Qt? If so please guide me How to run QT app on it. which SDK etc. which components needed. It Device not supported

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    Hi rahulvala nokia E 71 supports Qt? If so please guide me How to run QT app on it. which SDK etc. which components needed. It Device not supported
    Check this page. Your device E71 is supported for app publish on nokia store with Qt 4.6. So I think you can try with Qt 4.6 on your device.
    Jajal Mehul

We can't develop the app to all phones using one Qt version. This was the same problem i was facing once i develop the application. For S60 3rd Edition devices use Qt 4.6.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by afsalb View Post
    We can't develop the app to all phones using one Qt version. This was the same problem i was facing once i develop the application. For S60 3rd Edition devices use Qt 4.6.
    this is the smart solution to your problem : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...er_for_Symbian

regards,
    rahul

Super Contributor

Tried it not worked. Tel me How to get build option of Qt 4.6.3 on s60_3rd_Edition_FP2 in the Qt creator . I have only Qt 4.7.3 on 1 and 3 . Presently I have Qt 1.1.2 SDK and Qt creator 2.3 baesd on Qt 4.7

Super Contributor

Hi afsalb and james not getting option for Qt 4.6 anywhere . I have new one i.e Qt 4.7.3 etc

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    Hi afsalb and james not getting option for Qt 4.6 anywhere . I have new one i.e Qt 4.7.3 etc
    Hi,
    Are you not able to get the Qt library for the version 4.6? have you check this download page?
    Jajal Mehul

Super Contributor

I want very old Qt SDk i.e Qt 4.6.3 for building Qt apps for s60 3rd edition devices. I dont want Qt 4.7 as it does not work on nokia E 71

Nokia Developer Champion

I think if old Qt SDK is not available than you can use the Qt library 4.6.3 available on the download page link given in my previous post.
    Jajal Mehul

Super Contributor

It has qt 4.6, and Qt SDK has version of Qt 4.7 and above. So, It won't work.

You can check here the Tools and SDKs supported to develop for E71. https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...fications/E71/

regards,
    rahul

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by rahulvala View Post
    It has qt 4.6, and Qt SDK has version of Qt 4.7 and above. So, It won't work.

You can check here the Tools and SDKs supported to develop for E71. https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...fications/E71/

regards,
    rahul
    Device specification page doesn't tells about the version of the Qt.
    Jajal Mehul