My project compiled fine before that. After upgrade for example
    #include <qmobilityglobal.h>
    and
    #include <qaccelerometer.h>
    create error message No such file on directory

I have in .pro file
    CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY += sensors

This error message is only when building to symbian device ( QT 4.7.3 for Symbian Anna (Qt SDK)
    In simulator builddoes not produce error message.

Any ideas where to find those missing include files?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Qt mobility include files not found

They should be under:

[QtSDK Root]\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt474\include\

What are you updating from? (i.e. what Qt SDK version?)

If you want, you can drop to the cmd-line and install a fresh clone of that SDK:

[Qt SDK Root]\Symbian\tools\qtsymb-admin.bat

Then restart Creator, and the SDK should be registered and the headers should be there.

Tim

Thanks for answer.
    I just hit update button in Qt creator and it updated something.
    After that I had to change Build configuration in projects build settings for symbian device.

I found those include files in C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\include\mw
    I think that update that I ran made this folder. It installed some new version Qt mobility.

I changed my build settings to Qt 4.7.4 for Symbian Belle (Qt SDK)
    After that in Build environment I have
    EPOCROOT C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\
    PATH C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\tools;C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\lib;C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\bin
    QTDIR C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\

I though that it would solve the problem because the include files are in that path.
    I made clean build (clean, qmake, build all) in Qt Creator.
    I get compile error below. What should I do? Should I install Qt mobility somehow? Why that update broke Qt mobility. It worked "out of the box" when I installed Qt SDK few weeks ago.

compile : rcc\qrc_resurssit.cpp [arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1]
    target : epoc32\release\armv5\udeb\qmltesti.exe [arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1]
    c:/qtsdk/symbian/tools/gcce4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-symbianelf/bin/ld.exe: warning: C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/release/armv5/udeb/usrt3_1.lib(ucppinit.o) uses variable-size enums yet the output is to use 32-bit enums; use of enum values across objects may fail
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qmltesti/c_6e85a13431687459/qmltesti_exe/armv5/udeb/accelerationinfo.o: In function `AccelerationInfo':
    C:/Users/adminuser/qmltesti/accelerationinfo.cpp:8: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensor::addFilter(QtMobility::QSensorFilter*)'
    C:/Users/adminuser/qmltesti/accelerationinfo.cpp:10: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensor::start()'
    C:/Users/adminuser/qmltesti/accelerationinfo.cpp:8: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensor::addFilter(QtMobility::QSensorFilter*)'
    C:/Users/adminuser/qmltesti/accelerationinfo.cpp:10: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensor::start()'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qmltesti/c_6e85a13431687459/qmltesti_exe/armv5/udeb/accelerationinfo.o: In function `AccelerationInfo::filter(QtMobility::QAccelerometerReading*)':
    C:/Users/adminuser/qmltesti/accelerationinfo.cpp:18: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QAccelerometerReading::x() const'
    C:/Users/adminuser/qmltesti/accelerationinfo.cpp:19: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QAccelerometerReading::y() const'
    C:/Users/adminuser/qmltesti/accelerationinfo.cpp:20: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QAccelerometerReading::z() const'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qmltesti/c_6e85a13431687459/qmltesti_exe/armv5/udeb/accelerationinfo.o: In function `QAccelerometer':
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/include/mw/qaccelerometer.h:81: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensor::QSensor(QByteArray const&, QObject*)'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/include/mw/qaccelerometer.h:81: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QAccelerometer::type'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/include/mw/qaccelerometer.h:81: undefined reference to `vtable for QtMobility::QAccelerometer'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qmltesti/c_6e85a13431687459/qmltesti_exe/armv5/udeb/accelerationinfo.o: In function `QAccelerometerFilter':
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/include/mw/qaccelerometer.h:70: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensorFilter::QSensorFilter()'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qmltesti/c_6e85a13431687459/qmltesti_exe/armv5/udeb/accelerationinfo.o: In function `~QAccelerometerFilter':
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/include/mw/qaccelerometer.h:70: undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensorFilter::~QSensorFilter()'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qmltesti/c_6e85a13431687459/qmltesti_exe/armv5/udeb/accelerationinfo.o.rodata._ZTVN10QtMobility20QAccelerometerFilterE[vtable for QtMobility::QAccelerometerFilter]+0xc): undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensorFilter::setSensor(QtMobility::QSensor*)'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qmltesti/c_6e85a13431687459/qmltesti_exe/armv5/udeb/accelerationinfo.o.rodata._ZTIN10QtMobility20QAccelerometerFilterE[typeinfo for QtMobility::QAccelerometerFilter]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for QtMobility::QSensorFilter'
    C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qmltesti/c_6e85a13431687459/qmltesti_exe/armv5/udeb/moc_accelerationinfo.o.rodata+0xc0): undefined reference to `QtMobility::QSensorFilter::setSensor(QtMobility::QSensor*)'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

sbs : warnings: 27
    sbs : errors: 2

built 'arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1'

Run time 46 seconds

sbs: build log in C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\build\Makefile.2011-11-10-18-08-35.93-5700.log
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\tools\make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/Users/adminuser/qmltesti'

FAILED linkandpostlink for arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1: epoc32\release\armv5\udeb\qmltesti.exe
    mmp: qmltesti_exe.mmp
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/release/armv5/udeb/qmltesti.exe] Error 1
    sbs: error: The make-engine exited with errors.
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\tools\make.exe: *** [debug-gcce] Error 1
    The process "C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\tools\make.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building project qmltesti (target: Symbian Device)
    When executing build step 'Make'

Super Contributor

You have to include header file qsensor.h in the main header file.

#include<qsensor.h>
    regards,
    rahul

Hi
    It did not worked. Same errormessages
    It worked without that #include<qsensor.h> before update.
    I think that some Qt mobility libraries are missing. But How / where do I find them?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tto04 View Post
    Hi
    It did not worked. Same errormessages
    It worked without that #include<qsensor.h> before update.
    I think that some Qt mobility libraries are missing. But How / where do I find them?
    You can get the latest version of Qt mobility from here : http://qt.nokia.com/products/qt-addons/mobility/

regards,
    rahul

Sure I could install that again but I think that I already have Qt mobility because it worked before update.
    It is very frustrating to install it. Working with Qt creator is not made easy for beginners.

I found solution.
    I started updater from Qt creators help menu.
    There I selected package manager.
    And there
    Development Tools / Symbian Toolchains / Symbian Anna (that was not installed)
    I installed it and then I chose it in projects build configuration. Now my project compiles again.
    I think that update installed only Symbian Belle and that's why it broke my projects mobility!?

Nokia Developer Expert

The actual package that gets installed for Qt Mobility on Symbian is under [Qt SDK]/Symbian/cache/symbian3_mobility_121.7z

So here you can see the contents and where the header files *should* go. You can either manually extract that if they are missing (no idea how that could possibly happen) or you can install via cmd-line like I suggested before (but it won't install qml components or notifications api).