Discussion Board

Moved: Feedback for Nokia Store Client : App. links don't leads you to right app.

Hi there,
    There is bug in new version of Nokia Store Client for Symbian^3 devices (3.16.036).
    When a user clicks the link of the application page of Nokia Store (like store.ovi.mobi/content/XXXXX), web browser triggers the Nokia Store client but different applications page opens. Almost %50 of the forwards goes to different application pages. So the triggering & forwarding is not functioning properly.
    Additionaly, this problem also appears, when a user wants to recieve the download link with SMS, from the Nokia Store web-page...
    I hope some responsible person reads this thread...

Super Contributor

Re: Feedback for Nokia Store Client : App. links don't leads you to right app.

I know it has many issues and bugs, But Nokia store client is developed by Nokia Beta labs : http://betalabs.nokia.com/

You can give them feedback, This is not right place to discuss about application store.

regards,

Super Contributor

Nokia Beta Labs is not the developer of the Nokia Store client; Beta Labs is just a channel for different Nokia groups to get feedback on their projects/products, such as the Qt based Nokia Store app, that's replacing/replaced the WRT based Ovi Store app (at least on Symbian).

In any case, feedback for the beta version goes best through the Beta Labs. Note, though, that this might not be a client app problem in the first place, but a problem on the Nokia Store backend side.

Thanks for your reply Petrib,

But this version of Nokia Store(3.16.036) is not "beta" anymore. It delievered as OTA to every S^3 phone.
    I already created a tread on Betalabs but couldn't get a reply from there. So, I wanted to post here too, for a solution.
    Hopefully, there will be a solution soon, because this bug effects our customer loyalty/incentive programme.

Super Contributor

I moved the thread here, where Nokia/Ovi Store people might spot it better.

You can always also report the issue through Nokia's support channels (just the Nokia Publish support channels, such as email, or Nokia Customer Care).

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Moved: Feedback for Nokia Store Client : App. links don't leads you to right app.

Quote Originally Posted by tsgulen View Post
    Hi there,
    There is bug in new version of Nokia Store Client for Symbian^3 devices (3.16.036).
    When a user clicks the link of the application page of Nokia Store (like store.ovi.mobi/content/XXXXX), web browser triggers the Nokia Store client but different applications page opens. Almost %50 of the forwards goes to different application pages. So the triggering & forwarding is not functioning properly.
    Additionaly, this problem also appears, when a user wants to recieve the download link with SMS, from the Nokia Store web-page...
    I hope some responsible person reads this thread...
    Can you give me an example of this problem? A store link and the specific Symbian ^ 3 device used will be helpful. I will investigate this issue further.

Andrew

Re: Moved: Feedback for Nokia Store Client : App. links don't leads you to right app.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post

Can you give me an example of this problem? A store link and the specific Symbian ^ 3 device used will be helpful. I will investigate this issue further.

Andrew

hi Andrew,

Thank you for your concern, but finally a newer version of Store client(3.18.036) is released. I tested 10 different links with two different phones (C7,N8), and all links leads you to correct application page.
    The problem was; when a user clicks a link like "store.ovi.mobi/content/65614" (for TopApps), the web browser triggers the Store Cilent but some other page appears instead of TopApps page. Sometimes store client shows top menu, sometimes previous app. or sometimes an app. which has been removed. This was really a problem in our case.
    But the new version is solved that bug. I read that "update log" of new client at Betalabs;
    ■The Nokia Store backend has been updated on 03.11.2011 and this release of the client is fully integrated with the backend release

This looks like solved my case. There were no reply from betalabs, but it solved anyway.
    Best Regards,

Nokia Developer Expert

Glad to hear this has been resolved. Thanks for reporting this before though!