Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool The application can't be launched when installing the application on F/ E Drive

I have submitted my content to the ovi. The QA people have pointed follwoing issues/ comment log

SUMMARY: The application cannot be launched successfully when
    installing the application on F: /E: drive.

When launching the application by pressing the application icon,
    there is no response of the application. NOTE: The application works well when
    installing the content on C drive.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: The application can't be launched when installing the application on F/ E Driv

Please make sure that no path are hard coded in the application. For example if the package file contain:

One solution, for example if the package file contains own files installed to "!:\private\..." or similar places meaning the installer can put on F: or C: depends on the user, then either the source code has to try both location when loading the file/image, or install has to restrict the user by replacing the "!:\private\..." to "c:\private\..." in the package file.

/0

Super Contributor

Re: The application can't be launched when installing the application on F/ E Driv

I have given the following destination path of the drive " !:\ "

"$(EPOCROOT)\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\App1_0x2004aa1c.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\App1_0x2004aa1c.mif"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\apps\App1_0x2004aa1c_reg.rsc" -"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\App1_0x2004aa1c_reg.rsc"

;"..\help\App1_0x2004aa1c.hlp" -"!:\resource\help\App1_0x2004aa1c.hlp"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\my_background.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\my_background.mif"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\my_background.mbm" -"!:\resource\apps\my_background.mbm"

Nokia Developer Moderator

I would suggest trying the installation to E/F on a clean test device, and getting the panic code produced when the application crashes. Then you would know a bit better on what is going wrong in there.

Then you would simply need to check your code and see where it is crashing at, and then correct the code to actually discover the installation drive on run time, instead of relying on hard coded drives.

How do you access those my_background files? They have to be used with the correct drive letter, the RProcess().FileName().Left(2) stuff for example (like in #2 of http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ile-at-E-drive)

Super Contributor

where should I write the code given in #2 in my application

below
    _LIT(KMyBackgroundMif, "c:\\resource\\apps\\MYView_newImage.mif"); ?

whereever you would need it, also do note that you should not hard code the drive letter, instead you should discover it on runtime, for example with TFindFile.

Super Contributor

Hi wizrad_hu Now I have include your code below in SearchResults.cpp of my application
    v
    _LIT( KMYSEARCH_mbmFile, "\\resource\\apps\\MyView_mbm.mbm" );

TFileName filename(KMYSEARCH_mbmFile);
    filename.Insert(0,RProcess().FileName().Left(2)); // inserts c/e/f: at the beginning
    iBackground = new (ELeave) CFbsBitmap;
    TInt err = iBackground->Load(filename, EMbmMyView_mbmBack);

And does it work now ?

Super Contributor

Unfornately it is giving errors relating to .rss saying " did not find r_application_stautus_pane .rss etc

r_aknview_resource in .rss

those particular lines should not really be related to that problem, also that problem is not related to original problem on this thread.

anyway for future, please follow these simple instructions:
    1. Have only one problem in one thread.
    2. Use only one thread for one problem
    3. Do not add unrelated problems to any thread.

if you don't follow these simple rules, you are making it really hard to anybody to help you.

Super Contributor

yes I will follow you

Super Contributor

Yes Now I think the installation problem has been solved .Now Iam seeing that my application can be installed on all the Drives like C, D and E etc. Actually I

have changed destination drive from C:\\ in .cpp of the code in .cpp to \\.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2011-11-12 at 05:36.