Discussion Board

Packaging with Qt and Symbian Smart Installer an app created in Origo IDE 1.0

I recently packaged an ebook app using the Origo IDE. It runs fine on the Origo simulator as well as on my N8 and everything appears to work well. The thing is I need to package it to submit to Ovi QA but I ran into the following challenges which I urgently need help with:
    First, I have been told by Ovi QA that I need to package the app with the latest Qt Smart Installer. How do I export the .sis package into the Qt SDK to add the smart installer?
    Secondly, how do I declare Qt dependencies in the package file in the format:
    (0x2001E61C), 4, 6, 3, {"Qt"}
    (0x2002AC89), 1, 0, 2, {"QtMobility"}
    or
    (0x2001E61C), 4, 7, 3, {"Qt"}
    (0x2002AC89), 1, 1, 3, {"QtMobility"}

I have not created the app using Qt at all as I am not quite versed in programming. However I am quite strong in my IT knowledge hence being able to understand and use Origo IDE, which does not come with options for packaging with Smart Installer and declaring dependencies. I would be ever so grateful to get helpful responses to the questions above.

Super Contributor

Re: Packaging with Qt and Symbian Smart Installer an app created in Origo IDE 1.0

Have you told them You have developed and run your app in Origo IDE 1.0, instead of Qt SDK. ?

Anyway, No problem , if it is in question answer, and you don't know how to declare package file ? then take a look at this : Nokia Smart Installer for Symbian

It depends on what target devices(Symbian version) you are selecting.

regards,
    rahul

Super Contributor

Re: Packaging with Qt and Symbian Smart Installer an app created in Origo IDE 1.0

First, I have been told by Ovi QA that I need to package the app with the latest Qt Smart Installer. How do I export the .sis package into the Qt SDK to add the smart installer?
    Add following line in your package file.

Code:
    @"smartinstaller.sis",(0x2002CCCD)
    if "smartinstaller.sis" is not in your current directory then use full path with sis file name.

Secondly, how do I declare Qt dependencies in the package file in the format:
    (0x2001E61C), 4, 6, 3, {"Qt"}
    (0x2002AC89), 1, 0, 2, {"QtMobility"}
    or
    Its purely depends on which SDK for Qt and Qt mobility you are using in your application. If you are building your application with Qt 4.7.3 and Qt Mobility 1.1.3 then use

Code:

Thanks a lot Rahul. I have informed QA that I developed the app in Origo IDE. I will work using the link you have sent as that seems helpful. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers!