Discussion Board

N9: Image transfer via Bluetooth

*Nokia N9*

What do you think about this behavior?
    Scenario: I want to send an image from my N9 to my Mac. Bluetooth on the Mac is turned on. It's turned *off* on the smartphone.

N9 tells me Bluetooth is off. But if I select a recipient (my Mac), the action button on the top right gets active.

When I click "Continue" the image transfer immediately starts. So the N9 automatically turned Bluetooth on - without asking me! I like this.

*But* when the transfer is finished Bluetooth stays on/active on the N9. It was off before the image transfer and perhaps there is a reason it was off. The N9 turned it on without bothering me, because I did want to execute the image transfer... but now, when everything is donne I think the N9 should turn Bluetooth off again. Without asking me. Just turn it off again.

What do you think?
    (Images are here: https://plus.google.com/113086803873...ts/VpMRZBxTSff )

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: N9: Image transfer via Bluetooth

In general if there is an API that can turn the BT on, then you could indeed make an application which with you can turn the BT on. Anyway, you can not discover other devices when your BT if off, thus in case the mac has not been discovered before, you would need to turn the BT on before you can go discovering remote devices.

Sure, I understand. My N9 turns BT on automatically. But after the image transfer it doesn't turn it automatically off again. BT stays on - and it should be off again. That's what I am saying.

Nokia Developer Champion

Great feature request.

However, as with your other idea, this board here is for developer’s discussion about usability issues in their apps. One way is to direct this to your local end-user support channel in Germany (e.g. via email) or look up similar posts in the blogshere. Normally, you have to live with it and hope it will be added in a future firmware. Concentrate on fixing problems of other users, so everyone gets more happy with this software platform.