Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Cool Is the landscape mode according to screen orienattions possible on s60 3rd ed device

Is the landscape mode , poratrait mode according to screen orienattions possible on s60 3rd ed device.

If yes How?

My content's QA people are requsting me taht my application should cover the display area or screen totally , it should use the screen are to its full extent possible.

They want me to enable poratrait and landscape mode according to screen orientations.

For Example : Iam developing for s60 3rd edition device like Nokia E 71 and E 63.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Is the landscape mode according to screen orienattions possible on s60 3rd ed de

Basically you simply just make it to fill the screen without depending on the screen orientation. There are landscape devices such as E61, and portrait devices such as N73, and I suppose E70 was one of the devices that could switch the orientation on runtime.

Anyway, as suggested, simply take one device (for example N95, 5800) and see that you can get it working right, and use the same code/method with other devices as well.

E63 & E71 are not changing orientation at all, thus for them see that your application works on landscape, or simply do not mark them as supported.

Also it is really pointless for you to reopen the same subjects over and over again, thus if there is something you are not understanding, then simply state that on already open threads.

Also as you are very familiar with our paid technical support, you can always utilize that channel as well.

Super Contributor

Re: Is the landscape mode according to screen orienattions possible on s60 3rd ed de

Basically you simply just make it to fill the screen without depending on the screen orientation.

Yes I came know where iam wrong .The QA people are always saying that my application's background does not cover full screen area.

I mentioned the code as below:

_LIT(KMyBackgroundMif, "\\resource\\apps\\my_background.mif");
    const TInt KMyIconMaxWidth(320);
    const TInt KMyIconMaxHeight(240);
    const TInt KMyIconYPadding(20);

void CApp1AppView:raw(const TRect& aRect) const
    {
    // Get the standard graphics context
    CWindowGc& gc = SystemGc();

// Gets the control's extent
    TRect drawRect(Rect());
    gc.SetBrushColor(KRgbBlue);
    // Clears the screen
    gc.Clear (drawRect);
    TPoint point= TPoint(aRect.Center().iX - (KMyIconMaxWidth/2),
    aRect.Center().iY + KMyIconYPadding -(KMyIconMaxHeight/2 ));

// Draw the bitmap
    gc.BitBltMasked(point, iBackgroundImage, aRect, iBackgroundMaskImage, ETrue);
    }

How can Make it in such way that my application ( background etc) covers the full screen area for all the s60 3rd edition devices or all the devices.?

Regular Contributor

E71 is a landscape device.

Like Yucca said, you can use N95 (for example, from RDA) and test the layout switch there. Your application should work with the switch.
    You can also test this in the Emulator.

Basically it is really bad idea on having constants there, instead you should determine the actual size runtime, and adapt the drawing there.

Do remember that you have at least 3 separate sis files, thus do make absolutely certain that you do test same sis files as the QA is using.

Super Contributor

yes Yucca is cent % right. Actaually I have three contents submitted in the ovi. 2 for s60 3rd devices, 1 for symbian 3 . anna dvices. the problem is now with s60 3rd ed devices as QA persons are

insisting to "enable landscape and portarait mode according to screen orientation ( for all the devices compataible) and that my application or content's background etc should cover total display area

of the devices in which the content is installed.

Super Contributor

Earlier I have tested on my nokia devices ie.

Nokia E71

Nokia C7 and E7 no problem with them as I have include everything to size of those devices.

now Qa people are testing them on different devices I suppose.

As said about 10 times already, please do make sure that you test the same sis file as the QA does. Then do test the sis file with enough devices to see what happens.

Also I told you to ask the QA for which devices they are using, then you can stop guessing and basically use same devices.

Super Contributor

yucca can u be more brief on that or shall I keep the default ie without kepeping any contsants etc? like

CImageTestAppView* CImageTestAppView::NewL(const TRect& aRect)
    {
    CImageTestAppView* self = CImageTestAppView::NewLC(aRect);
    CleanupStack::Pop(self);
    return self;
    }

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // CImageTestAppView::NewLC()
    // Two-phased constructor.
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //
    CImageTestAppView* CImageTestAppView::NewLC(const TRect& aRect)
    {
    CImageTestAppView* self = new (ELeave) CImageTestAppView;
    CleanupStack::PushL(self);
    self->ConstructL(aRect);
    return self;
    }

void CImageTestAppView::ConstructL(const TRect& aRect)
    {
    // Create a window for this application view
    CreateWindowL();

// Set the windows size
    SetRect(aRect);

// Activate the window, which makes it ready to be drawn
    ActivateL();
    }

void CImageTestAppView:raw(const TRect& /*aRect*/) const
    {
    // Get the standard graphics context
    CWindowGc& gc = SystemGc();

// Gets the control's extent
    TRect drawRect(Rect());

// Clears the screen
    gc.Clear(drawRect);

}

// CImageTestAppView::SizeChanged()
    // Called by framework when the view size is changed.
    //
    void CImageTestAppView::SizeChanged()
    {
    DrawNow();
    }

Super Contributor

ok yucca I will ask them this time definitely can u reply me to the previous comment

basically this way you could always make certain that you do draw the screen correctly and fully. Then again you gotta see that your graphics & controls etc. will also be adjusted correctly. As well as that they adjust correctly also for layout changes on run time.

Super Contributor

The previous code of mine serves the purpose. No need to change or modify any?

Super Contributor

N95 does'nt support orientation. I have tested it on RDA .

The code in #9 shows the idea I suppose, of course you have to check yourself whether you actually need to draw some sensible on the screen or not.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    N95 does'nt support orientation. I have tested it on RDA .
    N95 support both, landscape and portrait, mode.