Discussion Board

Thread: Using the pdk

From where can i download the Symbian PDT ?

HI ,

I have downloaded the symbian 4.0 pdk and now I came to know that I need to download the symbian Product Development Toolkit also to run the pdk. Can somone tell me from where I can download the Symbian PDT for the above mentioned PDK. It will be great if you can post the entire dowload link here.

Thanks and Regards,
    N.B

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: From where can i download the Symbian PDT ?

Nowhere public. Sign up (register) via http://symbian.nokia.com and see if you can get what you want that way.

Using the pdk

Hi,

I am very new to the symbian community and would liek to know how to run the symbian pdk.I have currently downloaded the symbian pdk 4.0 and source files . Do I have to download the PDT also and after downloading these compnents and after unzipping it how do I proceed fro there. my goal is to make changes to the symbian kernel and run the changes on the emulator. Please guide me step by step as to how I should achieve this task.

Thanks and Regards,
    Navneeth Baliga.

Regular Contributor

Re: Using the pdk

What you are asking is very complex and there can't be many people around who know the answers. It is likely you wont find much help, and like was told to you before in your previous questions "It's an uphill struggle".

If you are not really professional developer with many years of experience, I would suggest you to pick another subject.
    Just a friendly advice.

Nokia Developer Moderator

It may happen that the torrent mentioned in #8 of http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...source-anymore contains some smaller, but complete kit you can try.

And maybe babelfish could help you in reading the russian section of CODeRUS blog (google it).... just for curiosity/learning purpose of course.... those arguments are not discussed here.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: From where can i download the Symbian PDT ?

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Nowhere public. Sign up (register) via http://symbian.nokia.com and see if you can get what you want that way.
    Symbian OS is not developed in OSS mode by Nokia anymore. The site mentioned above offers the Symbian source under a Nokia license and only for Nokia partners. Of course one can try to request access ...

The PDK was available for download for a while, and so was the PDT. Once could I guess still try to contact the Symbian Foundation (the entity still exists) and ask there whether the old OSS releases could be accessed.

But the PDK 4.0 would be particularely useless since there are no phones in the world using that code line. Nokia's most recent phones are built extending the Symbian^3 release in an entirely different direction.

A google search could also reveal the symlab.org site, which has a copy of Symbian Foundation's site, with some usefull docs at least, but maybe also the kits (unlikely though, since the Symbian Foundation was actually only linking to a Nokia server).
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite