Discussion Board

Deactivate my account

I do not choose to develop for these crappy devices anymore.
    I do not use this account.

However I continually get spammed. Clicking the unsuscribe link on the Spam emails doesn't unsubscribe me... instead makes me log on to update my profile...

ALL I WANT IS TO STOP the spam.
    I have deselected the subscription options. Even changed the email address.

But still get SPAMMED.
    THERE IS NO WAY TO DEACTIVATE this account.

But I guess, I shouldn't expect anything else from the manufactures of buggy, unstable and unusable devices.

Super Contributor

Re: Deactivate my account

Two things you can do :

(1) Go to the setting page right side , upper corner, and change your Email address.

(2) You can make filter in the email, so that the emails you are getting from this web are filtered(placed) in that Folder.

regards,
    rahul

Super Contributor

I don't seem to be getting any spam from here; just a couple of newsletters I've signed up for every now and then, the occasional private message notification, and such. But no spam. I've been here a few years now.

In any case, PM Nokia_Ron, and he can help you in getting rid of your account here.

Anyway, good that you have other bugfree devices to develop for. Before you go, could you post a list of them, as I haven't seen any yet, and I've been in the mobile/telecom business since... well, for ever. Almost.

I also wish to remove my account details completely from this site. The unsubscribe link in emails, as mentioned, does not work. If I click unsubscribe, I want to unsubscribe, not login and update my profile. I don't even know the login for one of the accounts I get spammed on. So I get duplicate emails with no way to stop them.

I have no interest in developing for Windows devices (I develop only for Android and iOS), and I never want to use this site again. Nokia is now just a shell used by MS for its patent portfolio and I want nothing to do with it.

My email is <removed> - remove this, and any accounts associated with this address from your database.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2011-11-17 at 10:08. Reason: No need for e-mail address, it is in the profile.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Could you post the sender and subject lines of a recent spam you got from Nokia? It is quite unlikely that after you have successfully unchecked the subscription box and also altered the e-mail address, you would still receive mails from this site. Note that the end-user site, http://www.nokia.com and its discussions http://www.nokia.com/discussions have other profile settings and other newsletters.
    There is also a chance that the changes do not appear in the profile, in this case you may want to try an other browser.
    (Ok, these things are not that important to you since you want to get rid of the account, but to someone who may find this thread in the future.)

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by lima1981 View Post
    THERE IS NO WAY TO DEACTIVATE this account.
    At the bottom of the web page is Contact Us that will allow you to disable your account. I have done this for you.

Ron

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by FyRE667 View Post
    I also wish to remove my account details completely from this site. The unsubscribe link in emails, as mentioned, does not work.
    The unsubscribe is only for newsletters and should remove you from any correspondence you deslect. I'm not sure what mail you are still getting but let me know and I'll be sure it is stopped.

To disable your account you should use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the web page. We are working on a better means to remove one's account. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Ron