Discussion Board

Find Current position on Network based without Native API

I am complete find current location in j2me using nokia SDK and also find current location in satellite based without native api.
    Now, i want to find current location in network based using pure j2me code .
    Its possible ?

Super Contributor

Re: Find Current position on Network based without Native API

Quote Originally Posted by DileepKumar View Post
    I am complete find current location in j2me using nokia SDK and also find current location in satellite based without native api.
    Now, i want to find current location in network based using pure j2me code .
    Its possible ?
    If you find someone with a database of all network operator's cell tower IDs, and WLAN access points, and also know where in the world they reside physically, then you may be able to get an approximate location with that information at hand (exept that getting the cell ID from j2me can be impossible on some devices, and same goes for most devices regarding WLAN details).

Read up, e.g., on the wikipedia, what kind of information you need to have in order to determine where you are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locatio...cating_methods

In most cases, you simply don't have any means to get the required information using "pure j2me" (regardless of the definition of "pure").