Discussion Board

Port Conflicting Error in Application

I am developing a mobile application in j2me. In application, i am using push registry concept for sending and receiving sms. I have assigned a port-50048 to my application.
    It was working fine initially, but by mistake i've loaded the same application without deleting the previous one. Due to this, it shows an error of "Conflicting Application". Now
    i remove my application from mobile and installed it again but the same error is generating. I have tried everything: switch off/on, restore factor setting but it still showing the
    same error.

Application is working fine with other ports. but because the application is distributed to many end users. I cant change the port now, because it effecting my backend.
    pls suggest a middle way.

I am using nokia handset- C101.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Port Conflicting Error in Application

Hi jayantb,

If any unwanted registered connections are left in the PushRegistry, did you try to list all registered connections? If you get a list>0, you should try to unregister the unwanted connections. More info:

http://library.developer.nokia.com/i...hRegistry.html

Hi skalogir,

Thanks for the reply. but I've checked there is no unwanted connections left. now I've given my handset to nokiacare to flash and reinstalled the OS. Let see if am able to install my application after that.

Ok now i want ask one thing: my application size is near about 580kb and i am using j2meMicroDB database in it. And very first task of my application is to populate database table from a text file present in image folder. It is working fine but when my text file increase to near about 100kb or more then while loading the data it show "Out Of Memory Error".
    I've seen the Nokia c101 specification which shows : internal memory -10MB.

I want to in which memory jar file get installed. and what is the Maximum size of jar file we can install?

I am new in j2me... pls enlighten me on this.

Thanks..

Super Contributor

The maximum JAR sizes for each device are listed in device specification pages
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devic...cations/C1-01/
    Check under Memory Functions
    For C1-01 the max JAR size is 1MB

However in your case the max JAR size is not the problem (If that would be the case, you would not be able to install the MIDlet at all and based on your description you have installed the MIDlet and started it). Instead you might want to be more careful in reading in the data from the file so that the MIDlet does not run out of memory.

Hartti

Hi hartti,

My application size is 580kb, my text file size is 117kb, and my text file content is unicoded. while loading the data it shows "Out Of Memory Error". After that error my application size is 748kb. May be while loading data my application using more than 1Mb heap size. I've checked my code, there is one suspicious thing: while loading, i am maintaining a 2d-array which contain few records of text file data.

Is that reason troubling my code ??? right now i am removing this code.

Hi Hartti and Skalogir,

My application version is 1.0 . I've made few changes in my application in update version 1.1 . Now, user need to delete the previous application and install the new version of my application. In future also, there will be lot of changes to come and my application will update number of times. So, every time user need to delete and install new version.

I Want to make this solution:

Subject: Auto Updation of Application

I want a update command in my starting form. when user press this command...it will connect to gprs and download the latest version application if available and delete the previous one. Could u guys suggest how to do this ??

Super Contributor

In general, user can install a new version of your MIDlet over the existing older version of the MIDlet (MIDlet name, vendor has to be the same and one cannot update signed MIDlet with a unsigned MIDlet). Removing the older version first is not necessary.

If you provide a link to a JAD file in a platformRequest, the installation of the MIDlet is started (if the user accepts it)

Hartti