Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Java Verified signing for a J2ME app: how long until a reply should come from Nokia?

Approximately three weeks ago, I sent an email message to Nokia to start the process of Java Verified signing for a MIDlet J2ME app. I sent the message to the below two email addresses:

publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

developer.support@nokia.com

I have not yet received a reply from Nokia. Maybe I did something incorrect, thereby causing a delay. Should I have received a reply from Nokia by this time? If not, how long might it normally take before a developer receives a reply from Nokia concerning Java Verified signing?

Also, the app is not yet ready for publishing to the Ovi Store. Should I not send the request for Java Verified signing until the app is completely ready for publishing?

Re: Java Verified signing for a J2ME app: how long until a reply should come from No

Yes, you should request signing when your app is ready to be published. In fact, you request signing by submitting the app to the store.

However, I think they should have replied long ago.

I would recommend reading the appropriate documentation about Packaging and signing, so you don't have to guess.
    -CarlosDL

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Java Verified signing for a J2ME app: how long until a reply should come from No

Quote Originally Posted by John_123 View Post
    Approximately three weeks ago, I sent an email message to Nokia to start the process of Java Verified signing for a MIDlet J2ME app. I sent the message to the below two email addresses:

publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

developer.support@nokia.com

I have not yet received a reply from Nokia. Maybe I did something incorrect, thereby causing a delay. Should I have received a reply from Nokia by this time? If not, how long might it normally take before a developer receives a reply from Nokia concerning Java Verified signing?

Also, the app is not yet ready for publishing to the Ovi Store. Should I not send the request for Java Verified signing until the app is completely ready for publishing?
    Hi John,

Would you happen to have the ticket reference number of the email? This can be found in the subject line of the automated response email received after submitting a ticket. I will locate this email and request for the information to be resent to you.

Regarding getting your apps signed by Nokia, please follow the these steps:
    1. Apply for an Nokia Publish account (if you do not have one) and accept the latest Nokia Store Registration and Distribution agreement.

2. Before submitting content, fill out the Java supporting documentation and detail of content submission and create a flow diagram of the application (see sample.png).

3. When you are ready to submit your application, upload a .zip file containing both the Java supporting documentation and detail of content submission and flow diagram to the Additional Documentation field in your content file.

4. Nokia QA tests the app based on Content Guidelines, specific operator guidelines, and Unified Testing Criteria, available on the Java Verified web site. If it passes, the app will be signed by Nokia and published in Nokia Store.

Please see our support page FAQ: Java Signing for further information.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, CarlosDL and Andrew, for the replies. Also, I apologize for my delayed response.

Andrew, regarding the ticket reference number, I have not received an email message with one in the subject line, which leads me to believe that I must have indeed done something incorrectly. If I understand correctly from the steps that you listed and in the steps found in the PDF file at the link below, I do not need to send an email message to "publishtoovi.support@nokia.com" or "developer.support@nokia.com".

http://support.publish.ovi.com/wp-co...sher_Guide.pdf

Did I understand correctly, or do I indeed need to request Java Verified signing via one of the those two email addresses?

Also, with regard to the flow diagram of the application, although the sample is a PNG file, if I understand correctly, the submitted file should be in JPEG or GIF format. Did I understand that correctly?

Thank you both for all of your help!

Thank you, CarlosDL and Andrew, for the replies. Also, I apologize for my delayed response.

Andrew, regarding the ticket reference number, I have not received an email message with one in the subject line, which leads me to believe that I must have indeed done something incorrectly. If I understand correctly from the steps that you listed and in the steps found in the PDF file at the link below, I do not need to send an email message to "publishtoovi.support@nokia.com" or "developer.support@nokia.com".

http://support.publish.ovi.com/wp-co...sher_Guide.pdf

Did I understand correctly, or do I indeed need to request Java Verified signing via one of the those two email addresses?

Also, with regard to the flow diagram of the application, although the sample is a PNG file, if I understand correctly, the submitted file should be in JPEG or GIF format. Did I understand that correctly?

Thank you both for all of your help!
    Essentially no, for Java Verified signing by Nokia, you do not need to contact Nokia Publish Support. You only have to indicate this by uploading the flow diagram and Declaration document in a zip file to the "Additional documentation" field.

Note that the flow diagram is also accepted in .png format.
    Andrew

Regular Contributor

Thank you again, Andrew.

Thank you again, Andrew.
    Just in case, you may also want to check your application against the Java Verified Unified Testing Criteria, especially the part about the About, Help, or Exit options. This appears to be a common failure issue in the signing process.

Good luck!
    Andrew

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the additional information, Andrew, and sorry for my delayed reply!