Discussion Board

QXmpp library compiles well but .dso file is missing

Hello,
    I have a problem which would be more appropriate to ask about at places related to the QXmpp library itself, but on the other hand I think that the problem could be taken in general as a compiling problem.

The thing is that I'm trying to use the QXmpp library in my project. I've been successful in using it while building my project for desktop as well as for Meego/Harmattan, but I am unable to use it for Symbian devices.

I dont really know which information should I provide to clear the problem out, but as I see it, the main problem is this: After I build the library (by running qmake and then by the option "build all" in Qt Creator), the library compiles without errors. When the library is built, I have tried to compile my project as well as the example projects from the library, but they all fail and they fail for different reasons. Here is the error outputs for my project:

Code:
     target     : epoc32\release\armv5\urel\dip3.exe  	[arm.v5.urel.gcce4_4_1]
       arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe: C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt473/epoc32/release/armv5/lib/qxmpp.dso: No such file or directory
       arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe: C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt473/epoc32/release/armv5/lib/pthread.dso: No such file or directory

sbs : warnings: 5
    sbs : errors: 2

built 'arm.v5.urel.gcce4_4_1'

Run time 7 seconds

sbs: build log in C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\build\Makefile.2011-11-19-16-38-43.82-2248.log
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\tools\make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/projects/dip3'

FAILED linkandpostlink  for arm.v5.urel.gcce4_4_1: epoc32\release\armv5\urel\dip3.exe
      mmp: dip3_exe.mmp
        mingw32-make[1]: *** [C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt473/epoc32/release/armv5/urel/dip3.exe] Error 1
    sbs: error: The make-engine exited with errors.
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\tools\make.exe: *** [release-gcce] Error 1
    The process "C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\tools\make.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building project dip3 (target: Symbian Device)
    When executing build step 'Make'
    Please ask me for any further detail. I don't really understand the whole building procedure, so I don't know what to do with this error. I'm programming in Windows 7 and using the latest SDK and the latest library version.

Thanks for any response.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: QXmpp library compiles well but .dso file is missing

For symbian dll project have to be Unfreeze by specifying EXPORTSUNFROZEN to have those dso files. Using the MMP_RULES option would enable that.

/0