Discussion Board

Mobile Diagnostics

I was wondering if it is possible to do OTA mobile diagnostics for nokia handsets. I have been reading the literature from nokia device management server, as well as the syncml pages, but I cant find a technology paper relating to the specifications and 'diagnostic' data that can be pulled from mobile handsets.

Has anyone been successful in doing so or is this standard 'still in the works'?

I understand that Nokia and Ericsson partnered to provide a single OTA specification but is there a similar document talking about pulling information from the device.

Yours

Angel213

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

There is no such a technology available. All you can do is push some data to the phone. In the future Nokia might implement SyncML device management, that can be used for bi-directional communication.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

I understand the 7700 will support OMA Device Management. Are there any DM clients I can download for any other handsets?

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

No, Only the Nokia 7700 implements the OMA DM. OMA DM is used only for the settings management, not like "diagnose" purposes.

Currently there is no plan to provide such a client software to current devices.

Teemu / Forum Nokia