Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Cool I want to put a bitmap image at the center of the application's background(screen)

I want to put a bitmap image at the center of the application's background(screen).

what is the exact code to be followed.

I want to use this code for symbian 3 mobiles like E7, c7 and s60 3rd edition mobile like E71 and E 63.

These are the sizes for Nokia E7

const TInt KMyIconMaxWidthL(650);
    const TInt KMyIconMaxHeightL(280);
    const TInt KMyIconYPadding(20);
    const TInt KMyIconMaxWidthP(360);
    const TInt KMyIconMaxHeightP(480);

These are the sizes for nokia E71

const TInt KMyIconMaxWidthL(320);
    const TInt KMyIconMaxHeightL(240);

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: I want to put a bitmap image at the center of the application's background(screen

How many times I need to suggest you to use dynamic sizing and not constants.

Also this is not consultancy service, so do not ask others to design solutions and code for you. Instead, do clearly identify your problem.

Anyway, you could read the thread where I suggested checking the size runtime, and get ideas from there.

Super Contributor

Re: I want to put a bitmap image at the center of the application's background(screen

yucca give me the link to that thread plz

Please check all threads from this and last week. I'm certain there were loads of suggestions you also did not see, thus re-reading them might be beneficial.

Super Contributor

Yucca Yes I have found the thread but How to do that at runtime without giving contsants? I have one more query too I want a texted Logo but in bmp format at the center of the screen. How to draw it?

As you have found the thread, check the code examples in it, they are showing on how you get the screen size with your code..

For the image, just check wiki for code for loading it. Then check API docs for it to see functions from the API which with you can get the pixel size of the image. Then use this size and the screen size to determine the actual position where you draw the image to get it centered.

Super Contributor

Yucca I have not found any threads with the code examples kindly give me the link to that thread again

You are confusing me now. You first say that you did find them, and then 54 minutes later you say you did not.. Anyway, simply the thing in which you do drawing is a CCoeContainer derived class, thus you could always use Rect() function to get the rectange of it, and if you check TRect API docs, you could see how you can get width & height from the object.

Code:
    void CSomeContainer::Draw(const TRect &) const
    {
        CWindowGc &gc=SystemGc();
        gc.Clear();
        gc.BitBlt( Rect().Center() - TRect(iBitmap->SizeInPixels()).Center() , iBitmap);
    }
    where "CFbsBitmap *iBitmap;"
    If the bitmap is smaller than the screen, it is going to be drawn in the middle, if the bitmap is larger than the screen, a screen-sized piece from its middle is going to be drawn on the screen.
    I do not know what those constants are doing, but you can still declare them if you like, of course.

Super Contributor

wizrad where should I define or decalre CFbsBitmap *iBitmap; ?

that would be the image you loaded, the same one you would want to center... as you need to construct it outsie Draw() you should have it as a member variable of your class..

Super Contributor

Yucca I have one doubt My masked image background is bigger than the actual bitmap image background. I want it to keep at the center of the screen.

As you told there is no need for giving sizes, Iam working on ot now. Any other changes needed for it.

I'm not getting the idea that the Mask would be bigger than the image. Can you explain it in details in a way that it would be understandable ?

Anyway, it is really simple. You have a screen which size you can get, and you can get the image size as well. And as a programmer you should know simple math like adding, subtracting, etc. So can you stop and think about it a bit before asking any follow up questions.

Super Contributor

wizard I have defined CFbsBitmap *iBitmap in .h and tried to draw a small bitmap texted logo . bUt when I have istalled on the device and clicking on the ocn nothing is happening.

Defined like this:

private: // Data
    CFbsBitmap *iBitmap;

CFbsBitmap* iBackgroundImage;
    CFbsBitmap* iBackgroundMaskImage;

CPeriodic *iPeriodicTimer;

Super Contributor

Sorry to canfuse u yucca. My actual target is to Draw a texted logo like bitmap image on the black screen i.e background.