Discussion Board

How to Auto Update Your Application

My application version is 1.0 . I've made few changes in my application in update version 1.1 . Now, user need to delete the previous application and install the new version of my application. In future also, there will be lot of changes to come and my application will update number of times. So, every time user need to delete and install new version.

I Want to make this solution:

Subject: Auto Updation of Application

I want a update command in my starting form. when user press this command...it will connect to gprs and download the latest version application if available and delete the previous one. Could u guys pls suggest me how to do this ??

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: How to Auto Update Your Application

Quote Originally Posted by jayantb View Post
    My application version is 1.0 . I've made few changes in my application in update version 1.1 . Now, user need to delete the previous application and install the new version of my application. In future also, there will be lot of changes to come and my application will update number of times. So, every time user need to delete and install new version.

I Want to make this solution:

Subject: Auto Updation of Application

I want a update command in my starting form. when user press this command...it will connect to gprs and download the latest version application if available and delete the previous one. Could u guys pls suggest me how to do this ??

Thanks
    Which platform you are using S40 or S60? If it is S40 then you can update your application by selecting update version option from option menu where you application is installed.For this you neet to add Midlet-info-url attribute into your jad file
    If it is S60 then you can use platform request to launch browser with your application link(which is store in jad file under midlet-info-url attrubute).
    Regards,
    Pradip

Hi Pradip,

Which platform you are using S40 or S60? If it is S40 then you can update your application by selecting update version option from option menu where you application is installed.For this you neet to add Midlet-info-url attribute into your jad file
    If it is S60 then you can use platform request to launch browser with your application link(which is store in jad file under midlet-info-url attrubute).

I'm using S40 Nokia c1-01. Can u pls provide li'l detail regarding this as i'm a new bee in j2me and have no idea regarding this.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jayantb View Post
    Hi Pradip,

I'm using S40 Nokia c1-01. Can u pls provide li'l detail regarding this as i'm a new bee in j2me and have no idea regarding this.
    I have not used that device,but you can try following-
    set attribute in jad file MIDlet-info-URL:<your application download url>
    in this case sign your application with certificate like verisign
    if you want to update you app then go to option (where your app is intalled) and say update version
    Regards,
    Pradip

Thanks Pradip

Its done.. without certification. I've used platformrequest(URL) method.