Discussion Board

Exclamation New Ovi Client bugs

Nokia N8, latest Ovi Store clien (Nokia Store client? the blue one) installed.
    1. After sign in and click to "search" icon there is no keyboard pop-up happens, so I cannot to type. Even if I tap several times on to search field the is not virtual keyboard appears. The only solution is to exit clietn (keep logged in) and start it again. After this the search field provided with keyboard, so I can type the text in it.
    2. When I install trial version of application, use it for some time and then want to purchase full version, it is not possible to do in case if trial and full version have same UID (symbian app). When I open store, find full app version, then there are two buttons: "Launch" and "Review" instead of "Buy". When I click to Launch, it launches the trial version. When I click to Review, and try to submit it, it says "There was a problem sending your form...blablabla".
    The only workaround is to manually unistall trial version and then install full one. This bug is introduced in latest ovi client version. Previously "upgrading" from trial to full was worked fine.

(UPDATE to pt.2) This bug is not only related to symbian apps with same UIDs for trial and full versions. The same happen for full and trial Qt applications for harmattan Ovi Client on Nokia N9 and N950.
    Last edited by kompotFX; 2011-11-23 at 14:28.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: New Ovi Client bugs

Quote Originally Posted by kompotFX View Post
    Nokia N8, latest Ovi Store clien (Nokia Store client? the blue one) installed.
    1. After sign in and click to "search" icon there is no keyboard pop-up happens, so I cannot to type. Even if I tap several times on to search field the is not virtual keyboard appears. The only solution is to exit clietn (keep logged in) and start it again. After this the search field provided with keyboard, so I can type the text in it.
    2. When I install trial version of application, use it for some time and then want to purchase full version, it is not possible to do in case if trial and full version have same UID (symbian app). When I open store, find full app version, then there are two buttons: "Launch" and "Review" instead of "Buy". When I click to Launch, it launches the trial version. When I click to Review, and try to submit it, it says "There was a problem sending your form...blablabla".
    The only workaround is to manually unistall trial version and then install full one. This bug is introduced in latest ovi client version. Previously "upgrading" from trial to full was worked fine.

(UPDATE to pt.2) This bug is not only related to symbian apps with same UIDs for trial and full versions. The same happen for full and trial Qt applications for harmattan Ovi Client on Nokia N9 and N950.
    I will escalate the first point to the development team. I will update you on the status when I hear further feedback.

Regarding your second point, this had always been an issue with the store. Should a publisher use the same UID for both the trial and full version, attempting to upgrade to the full version (without removing the first) will display a "Launch" button instead of "Buy". As such, we always ask publishers to use unique UIDs for both versions to avoid this issue.

That said, we have recently deployed the In-app purchasing program to handle such cases properly. You may read more about this here: http://support.publish.nokia.com/?p=3591&type=news.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.