Discussion Board

Remote Device Access

Are there any plans to add the Lumia 800 or Lumia 710 to the Remote Device Access list?

Thanks

Chris

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Remote Device Access

Quote Originally Posted by 79IT View Post
    Are there any plans to add the Lumia 800 or Lumia 710 to the Remote Device Access list?

Thanks

Chris
    At the moment the Nokia Windows Phone devices are not supported by the service. The main challenge is that we haven't identified a proper way to implement some of the functionalities required by RDA (technical limitations of the platform). But the investigation continues.

I don't know if it's just my computer and my app but the WMP7 emulator can have a bit of a lag rendering content - it makes app development a bit tedious at times.

I'll follow you on Twitter to keep updated on the progress.

Please note we will not be adding new devices for Discounted Device Program service.
    I'm guessing this statement on the Device Distribution page means there are no plans to add WMP7 phones to the list.

Perhaps instead of handing out 25,000 free phones, Nokia could hand out a few thousand fewer and make them available via the Device Distribution program instead.

Regular Contributor

"Please note we will not be adding new devices for Discounted Device Program service. "

I have this message too , while is used LP before ...
    http://rzr.online.fr/q/redak# redak : #FreE #TexT #EditoR : #Qt #QmL ported to #SymbiaN #BellE (#E7) and !n950club #n9 #MeeGo, test
    http://elinux.org/Mobile# Efforts to share a common base for GNU/Linux mobile communities ...
    http://go.cur.lv/files# files to be shared or email me

Nokia Developer Moderator

This comparison makes no sense.
    The technical side of DDP is putting boxes into plastic bags and having DHL deliver them. It is clearly a policy decision if the program does not get additions.
    On the other hand, the technical side of adding WP7 devices to RDA is implementing a remote control application, something that the isolation model of WP7 does not allow in itself. So firmware modifications are necessary as a starter and this is where things certainly get complicated.