Discussion Board

Thumbs up Restart Problem in NOKIA E71 Device in Exit VOIP application during calling

Hello All,

I have a mobile dailer VOIP application . When I try to exit during call (without disconnect call) I got the two observation in two different devices.

1. In NOKIA E71 when I try to exit then the application terminates and device is going to restart.

2. In NOKIA E72 It exit normally.

I have some other devices but they are also exit normally.

What is the reason behind this problem. Is this OK for any VOIP application to pass the testing criteria.

Please give me advice .

I am waiting for responce.

Thank you

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Restart Problem in NOKIA E71 Device in Exit VOIP application during calling

I would suggest on looking into what is happening when you exit. Basically you should check that you do cancel all active objects that are active and that you do not exit untill all things are cancelled and deleted as well. Also see that you are not using any APIs that are meant to be used for 3rd ed FP2 onwards (E71 is FP1 device)

Hello yucca,
    As you suggest me, I cancel all the active object and active connection. Then the application is working fine in E71 but when I apply the same in E72 then the application does't exit normally.

When I exit the application terminates with a Error message "E32USER-CBase 71" and "MMFControllerProxyServer-2c6 E32USER-CBase 71" and in both device application does't reach at Exit(); It terminate before reach to exit() function

I am using PJSIP in the application

int symbian_ua_destroy()
    {
    // Shutdown pjsua
    pjsua_destroy();

// Close connection and socket server
    aConn.Close();
    aSocketServer.Close();

CloseSTDLIB();

return PJ_SUCCESS;
    }
    I call this function to close all connection before exiting .

and Sir I am using API of Symbain S60 3rd edition FP2 pack
    Last edited by nishadamit09@gmail.com; 2011-11-26 at 09:04.

Nokia Developer Expert

have you looked into the "E32USER-CBase 71" from SDK help. Basically you would need to look into the cleanup stack usage and see that it is used correctly.

Anyway, I suppose this would not cause the re-start anymore ? nor would the notre be shown to the user in normal devices.

All and all, do look into the cleanup stack usage and see where you get the error from.

Cool Regarding signing of Nokia E71 device

Hello Sir,

I am using NOKIA E71 device with my VOIP application. When I try to exit during call the device is going to restart. I search about the problem and got the conclusion That This is the device specific problem. The same code is working properly in the other Devices.

I search many topic and found that when improperly WIFI connection is disconnected the device is going to restart.

Now application is ready to work with the device may i submit the application for signing. It is too costly to me to submit application again due to Financial problem.

Please suggest the advice

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Regarding signing of Nokia E71 device

Let me help you finding your existing discussion. Merged.