Discussion Board

Q: Keywords in Ovi Publish content management

Hi,

I understood that there is some problem in translated keywords and Ovi Store web site and Ovi store client in phone can't show those in search results?

If yes, then you should be able to list multiple keywords(translated also) separated with comma in main Keyword field. Originally I didn't had those, but I modified(few times) content and placed multiple keywords to main keyword field. Still can't see those. What could be problem?

e.g. item#208442

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Q: Keywords in Ovi Publish content management

Quote Originally Posted by lukex View Post
    Hi,

I understood that there is some problem in translated keywords and Ovi Store web site and Ovi store client in phone can't show those in search results?

If yes, then you should be able to list multiple keywords(translated also) separated with comma in main Keyword field. Originally I didn't had those, but I modified(few times) content and placed multiple keywords to main keyword field. Still can't see those. What could be problem?

e.g. item#208442
    Hi lukex,

You would want to separate the keywords with a comma and a space. Without the space, the keyword search would not work for the individual words. Please modify your keyword field and add a space after each comma and resubmit your application once more.

Andrew
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Hi Andrew,

I updated the content, but same problem continues. Keyword don't match to searches in Ovi Store. Any idea what could be wrong?

I updated the item 208442
    "
    R47 (Content Item): Nov 30th 2011 10:14:25 UTC XXXX changed Keywords from 'soccer,football,futebol,Fußball,voetbal,calcio,futbol,fútbol,jalkapallo,futball,футбол,足球运动' to 'soccer, football, futebol, Fußball, voetbal, calcio, futbol, fútbol, jalkapallo, футбол, 足球运动'.
    "

And change was validated
    "Ovi Store was last updated on Dec 1st 2011 16:31 UTC and it was originally "

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Andrew,

I updated the content, but same problem continues. Keyword don't match to searches in Ovi Store. Any idea what could be wrong?

I updated the item 208442
    "
    R47 (Content Item): Nov 30th 2011 10:14:25 UTC XXXX changed Keywords from 'soccer,football,futebol,Fußball,voetbal,calcio,futbol,fútbol,jalkapallo,futball,футбол,足球运动' to 'soccer, football, futebol, Fußball, voetbal, calcio, futbol, fútbol, jalkapallo, футбол, 足球运动'.
    "

And change was validated
    "Ovi Store was last updated on Dec 1st 2011 16:31 UTC and it was originally "
    Hi Lukex,

My apologies on this. I have just found out (as your original post stated) that the translated keyword field is currently not working in Nokia Publish; this has been escalated to the Nokia Development team and I will let you know when a fix is implemented for this.
    Andrew

Thanks for the reply Andrew,

Translated keyword would be nice to get working. But still my content has also problem with the 'Main' Keyword field. I updated the keyword string to have comma and space between each keyword, but updated keywords are not visible(searches don't match them) in ovi store. Seems that Ovi Publish has currently serious problem with paid content reporting(obviously affecting also me, because no reports in December), but also keyword issue could be very annoying for people doing application development for living (For me these problems are not not that fatal and maybe keyword problem is somehow my content specific), because without proper set of (translated)keywords your applications is hard to find globally.

Nokia Developer Expert

Thanks for the reply Andrew,

Translated keyword would be nice to get working. But still my content has also problem with the 'Main' Keyword field. I updated the keyword string to have comma and space between each keyword, but updated keywords are not visible(searches don't match them) in ovi store. Seems that Ovi Publish has currently serious problem with paid content reporting(obviously affecting also me, because no reports in December), but also keyword issue could be very annoying for people doing application development for living (For me these problems are not not that fatal and maybe keyword problem is somehow my content specific), because without proper set of (translated)keywords your applications is hard to find globally.
    Can you try removing all non-English words and characters and resubmitting your application? I believe the non-ASCII characters is preventing the keyword field from actually functioning. Can you try updating your keywords to "soccer, football, futebol, voetbal, calcio, futbol" for the time being? I'll have a look on my side to see if this works.
    Andrew

Hi,

I did updates for few application(Removed non-ascii chars). One 'started to work' i.e. search in ovi store finds it by all defined keywords. Couple don't work yet. I noticed one difference between working and non-working ones.
    Working ones have under content file check box for all languages and countries separately.
    Non-working ones have the common check boxes selected("Works for all languages" / "Can be distributed in any country and any operator, where allowed") in the top bar under distribution.

This might be reason and this might have been described also in some document(?)

Nokia Developer Expert

Which country are you conducting your search from? Which keyword works for you? I'll try to reproduce this on my end.
    Andrew

hopefully you can access item's metadata and check details if needed. Now the item 208442 has following string in the keyword field "soccer, football, futebol, Fussball, fusbal, voetbal, calcio, futbol, futboll, jalkapallo" and it is targetted to basically to all countries and languages(it is in english). And I think that only working keyword in searches is "soccer". Comparison to another item(188438) having this keyword set "Ice Hockey, hockey, jääkiekko, ishockey, hokej, hokejs, hoki". I think that all keywords work in searches.

Nokia Developer Expert

I'm escalating this to the Nokia Development team. There seems to be an issue with this particular application. Can you please send an email to developer.support@nokia.com and provide me with the ticket reference number so I can handle this case properly?
    Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I could try still one trick. I noticed that the ones that don't work have still the 'tranlated keyword list'. So I try to remove all translation from one(that doesn't work) and check if then the main keyword list would work.

Nokia Developer Expert

Yes, if these keywords are also in the translated keyword lists, this may cause issues. I'm unsure if this will resolve this visibility problem, but there's no harm trying I suppose. Let's try removing the ones from the main keyword field that overlaps with the translated ones. Conversely, we can try removing all the translated keywords for now and see if the main keyword field will become active.
    Andrew

I removed all translated keywords and now all keywords defined in the 'main' keyword list seem to work. So my problem is basically solved. Thanks for help Andrew.

Nokia Developer Expert

Great to hear!
    Andrew