Discussion Board

Hybrid View

App/game visibility in country specific 'app channel'...

On Nokia Store there are country specific channels for example in Poland there is 'Polish Applications' - 'Polskie Aplikacje'.
    Are there some special requirements for the game to appear on appropriate channel? My games have only English graphics/text (but descriptions are in EN & PL), I can easily made only Polish version, but I saw that even EN only apps (made by Polish devs) are visible on this channel.
    Or maybe I should report my app to support?

my Ovi publish nick is same as here.
    Thanks in advance...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: App/game visibility in country specific 'app channel'...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerman_pl View Post
    On Nokia Store there are country specific channels for example in Poland there is 'Polish Applications' - 'Polskie Aplikacje'.
    Are there some special requirements for the game to appear on appropriate channel? My games have only English graphics/text (but descriptions are in EN & PL), I can easily made only Polish version, but I saw that even EN only apps (made by Polish devs) are visible on this channel.
    Or maybe I should report my app to support?

my Ovi publish nick is same as here.
    Thanks in advance...
    You are able to distribute content in English globally, which is why you are seeing English application in the polish channels. . However, if your description, display name, or screenshots include a mix of English and Poland, this can only be distributed to Poland.

In your case, you can just leave your metadata as it is (in English and Polish) and it should be accepted in Poland.

Andrew
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

I think that You misunderstand me :] Saying 'channels' I don't mean categories like apps, games, but channels like 'Green Channel', 'Apps Start Kit' .. and 'Polish applications', this is link to that channel: http://store.ovi.com/channel/1904
    Of course my apps are visible globally in appropriate categories, but not on this channel, in distribution setup I marked them as 'Works for all languages'.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerman_pl View Post
    I think that You misunderstand me :] Saying 'channels' I don't mean categories like apps, games, but channels like 'Green Channel', 'Apps Start Kit' .. and 'Polish applications', this is link to that channel: http://store.ovi.com/channel/1904
    Of course my apps are visible globally in appropriate categories, but not on this channel, in distribution setup I marked them as 'Works for all languages'.
    My apologies on the misunderstanding. The Nokia Publish Support team will have to request to have your application published on that channel. Could you send an email to developer.support@nokia.com and provide your company name and application link?
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.