Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool Unable to install protected application from untrusted supplier.(symbian,c++)

I have recently used nokia signed UIDs in my application and submitted in the ovi site. But when I now replace all those UIds to the unprotected range UId like 0xEA44DB7 also and try to install in on my devices ie is showing the following Error and unable to install.

"Unable to install protected application from untrusted supplier."

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Unable to install protected application from untrusted supplier.(symbian,c++)

Have you considered on trying the search options ? I think I have suggested that earlier as well, this question would have had plenty of answers available already.

Basically that error means that the certificate used is considered to be self-made one, and the self-signing can not be used with protected UIDs and projects having capabilities that are not specified to be allowed with self-signing.

Re: Unable to install protected application from untrusted supplier.(symbian,c++)

First of all the UIDs provided by Nokia are to be used with Nokia provided dev certificate and not others, so that's the reason why it worked earlier and now if you are using dev cert provided by Symbian signed or Nokia store support then both won't work with unprotected general UIDs.
    So u shud go to Symbian signed request for protected or unprotected UIDs and then download dev cert from there.

Regards
    Vishal