Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: confused about signing price

it depens of the capabilities requires by the API as well as which channels you are thinking of distributing the signed application.

Basically if the APIs you are using are only requiring capabilities that can be self-signed, then you could use self-signing and distribute the application as you wish. And if you want to use Nokia Store for distributing, you could ask for UID from the store and use the store signing as well.

Then if the APIs in your application are requiring capabilties that can not be self-sined, bbut would not require certified signing, you could use the Ovi signing again, provided that you only use Ovi for distribution channel.

if you want to use other channels for distribution, then you need to get Publicer ID and use Symbian signed portal for signing.

And if any API used in your application required capabilities that are requiring certified signing, then you need to use symbian signed portal for signing, and you do need to have publicer ID as well.

confused about signing price

greetings,

I'm a bit confuse about the signing steps..maybe someone can help me out?

I'm currently develop apps which related with LAC and write result to file. but kind of stuck in API which is not open yet cause of signing.
    which and what kind of signing should I buy? and how much?

thank you so much for the replies..

it depens of the capabilities requires by the API as well as which channels you are thinking of distributing the signed application.

Basically if the APIs you are using are only requiring capabilities that can be self-signed, then you could use self-signing and distribute the application as you wish. And if you want to use Nokia Store for distributing, you could ask for UID from the store and use the store signing as well.

Then if the APIs in your application are requiring capabilties that can not be self-sined, bbut would not require certified signing, you could use the Ovi signing again, provided that you only use Ovi for distribution channel.

if you want to use other channels for distribution, then you need to get Publicer ID and use Symbian signed portal for signing.

And if any API used in your application required capabilities that are requiring certified signing, then you need to use symbian signed portal for signing, and you do need to have publicer ID as well.

you could check: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed

its basically 200 Dollars for the publicer ID per year, and 10 Euro for express signing per sis file.

thank you for the quick reply..

so if what I need is type of signing "use other channels for distribution", then I should buy Publisher ID(Trust Center) and Symbian signed portal for signing.

in anyhow maybe you could tell me the price range?

you could check: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed

its basically 200 Dollars for the publicer ID per year, and 10 Euro for express signing per sis file.

okay, thank you so much Mr. Yucca for the explanation. Its been very helpful.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post

Fantastic information! Thank you for this.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    Fantastic information! Thank you for this.
    Really? I'm somewhat surprised (and amused), Andrew, if you/Nokia Publish was not aware of this regarding Symbian app signing after having Ovi Store operational for a couple of years, and this been overall known since Symbian 9/S60 3rd Edition was introduced in 2005.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Really? I'm somewhat surprised (and amused), Andrew, if you/Nokia Publish was not aware of this regarding Symbian app signing after having Ovi Store operational for a couple of years, and this been overall known since Symbian 9/S60 3rd Edition was introduced in 2005.
    I was aware of this. I was just thanking Yucca for sharing this info with our publishers.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.