×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3

    QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    I submitted one app for meego device, but in the QA phase it failed with one old N9 firmware(10.2011.34-1-PR_001), but it works well on my N950 with firmware PR1.1(2.2011.39-5_PR_RM680).
    Following is the QA result:
    SUMMARY: The application has no response when pressing the "Open File" option.
    STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Download and install the content.
    2. Launch the application.
    3. Press "Open File" option.
    ACTUAL RESULT: The application has no response when pressing the "Open File" option and still shows "NO File Opened". The issue is also reproduced when pressing the setting option.
    EXPECTED RESULT: The any error and all the features should be working as expected.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: N9 Firmware:10.2011.34-1-PR_001 .
    FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100%. (public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)
    The file failed QA on the following target(s):
    * Device: MeeGo - 854x480 - Nokia N9
    Please address the issues and resubmit your application or media for reassessment.
    NOTE: The problems encountered may affect several targets in the distribution list and they must be corrected for ALL

    I sent an email to developer.support@nokia.com and got a reply:
    PR1.0 is the base firmware that QA uses to test all applications for
    publication on the Nokia Store. The N950 has PR1.0 which is firmware version
    34.2
    Please check debug errors when you build and run your application using PR1.0
    for the N950
    If you do not have PR1.0 (34.2) for N950 and already upgraded to PR1.1 please
    use the remote compiler to build on PR1.0 N9

    For my own understanding, the remote compiler is for None-windows OS to compile Symbian app. I don't know why should I use remote compiler to solve my problem. And I tried to find the N950 PR1.0, but the link provide by Nokia is not available anymore, where could I find this firmware?

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by alex2202375 View Post
    I submitted one app for meego device, but in the QA phase it failed with one old N9 firmware(10.2011.34-1-PR_001), but it works well on my N950 with firmware PR1.1(2.2011.39-5_PR_RM680).
    Following is the QA result:
    SUMMARY: The application has no response when pressing the "Open File" option.
    STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Download and install the content.
    2. Launch the application.
    3. Press "Open File" option.
    ACTUAL RESULT: The application has no response when pressing the "Open File" option and still shows "NO File Opened". The issue is also reproduced when pressing the setting option.
    EXPECTED RESULT: The any error and all the features should be working as expected.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: N9 Firmware:10.2011.34-1-PR_001 .
    FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100%. (public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)
    The file failed QA on the following target(s):
    * Device: MeeGo - 854x480 - Nokia N9
    Please address the issues and resubmit your application or media for reassessment.
    NOTE: The problems encountered may affect several targets in the distribution list and they must be corrected for ALL

    I sent an email to developer.support@nokia.com and got a reply:
    PR1.0 is the base firmware that QA uses to test all applications for
    publication on the Nokia Store. The N950 has PR1.0 which is firmware version
    34.2
    Please check debug errors when you build and run your application using PR1.0
    for the N950
    If you do not have PR1.0 (34.2) for N950 and already upgraded to PR1.1 please
    use the remote compiler to build on PR1.0 N9

    For my own understanding, the remote compiler is for None-windows OS to compile Symbian app. I don't know why should I use remote compiler to solve my problem. And I tried to find the N950 PR1.0, but the link provide by Nokia is not available anymore, where could I find this firmware?
    I will check in with the Technical Support team and get this answer for you. Please stay tuned.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    Here are instructions on how to rebuild your application for PR 1.0 N9: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-2....-compiler.html

    Note that the remote compiler does not seem to handle proxy/firewall well.

    Let me know if this helps.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    @Andrew
    Thank you for the quick response, my question is after the compilation, how can I test the app?
    I only used QML and basic Qt components, so I think the problem is N9 pr1.0 does not support some QML component, I need to dig this out.

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by alex2202375 View Post
    @Andrew
    Thank you for the quick response, my question is after the compilation, how can I test the app?
    I only used QML and basic Qt components, so I think the problem is N9 pr1.0 does not support some QML component, I need to dig this out.
    Hi Alex,

    I will need to escalate this issue to the Development team. I will revert back to you shortly.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3

    Smile Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    I got an email from developer.support@nokia.com,Paul tested with N9 1.0 and found that the N9 pr1.0 did not support import com.nokia.extras 1.1, he asked me to change it to import com.nokia.extras 1.0, I have resubmitted the package, hope this time it could pass the QA.
    Thanks for your help

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by alex2202375 View Post
    I got an email from developer.support@nokia.com,Paul tested with N9 1.0 and found that the N9 pr1.0 did not support import com.nokia.extras 1.1, he asked me to change it to import com.nokia.extras 1.0, I have resubmitted the package, hope this time it could pass the QA.
    Thanks for your help
    Fantastic. Just for your reference, you may always run the QEMU emulator on the SDK with PR 1.0 to debug the older firmware issues.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    445

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but why is the old firmware the reference? I understand this for certain devices on Symbian (especially features phones) but I think almost every N9 user keeps her/his device up-to-date and there is little firmware fragmentation (even all N9 RDA devices are up-to-date).
    The PR0 firmware is very buggy with respect to multimedia features for instance which keeps a bunch of interesting apps out...

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    this is pretty annoying, I used a TumblerDialog{} and it doesn't work on com.nokia.extras 1.0, it requires 1.1

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    228

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    Grrrrr, when this old firmware finally will be dropped? Are there any N9/N950 phones still exists that use PR1.0?

    Are there any ways to pass QA with PR1.1 of Harmattan? I've seen few apps in OVI that just mention it require PR1.1 or higher.
    Last edited by pippo2010; 2012-01-25 at 12:24.

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    We haven't moved away from testing on PR1.0 just yet as we found a significant number of users who are still using this firmware. Our main goal is to limit the amount of potential refund cases should there be a large proportion of MeeGo users with PR 1.0 firmware.

    However, we are making changes to facilitate app development for MeeGo with minimum impact on the user experience. I'll update you when I receive more information.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    228

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    We haven't moved away from testing on PR1.0 just yet as we found a significant number of users who are still using this firmware. Our main goal is to limit the amount of potential refund cases should there be a large proportion of MeeGo users with PR 1.0 firmware.

    However, we are making changes to facilitate app development for MeeGo with minimum impact on the user experience. I'll update you when I receive more information.
    Any particular countries refusing the update? If yes we could remove them from distribution of our apps until they all update to the latest PR version.
    http://inmobisoft.com

  13. #13
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    Any particular countries refusing the update? If yes we could remove them from distribution of our apps until they all update to the latest PR version.
    This is actually an excellent idea.. I'm unsure if we can find an accurate breakdown of PR1.0 users based on location though (I don't have this data myself) or even if it's based on countries at all. I'll see if I can find any solution for this problem.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  14. #14
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    445

    Re: QA failed with old N9 firmware but ok for my new N950 firmware

    I think that one option (until a better solution has been found) is to add a comment to the app description that firmware PR1.1 is required. Would this be possible?

Similar Threads

  1. N950 firmware 22 version
    By HellStranger in forum Nokia N9
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2011-12-07, 10:09
  2. Nokia device firmware bug failed app in QA
    By biskero in forum [Closed] Publishing to Nokia Store
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2010-05-23, 07:13
  3. E62 firmware
    By exigent in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-12-12, 06:30
  4. n93 firmware
    By leutik in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2006-10-19, 17:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •