Discussion Board

JAD file must reference the JAR file

Hello there,

the common error while publishing an app is JAR file must reference the JAD, mine is quite opposite - JAD must reference the JAR. What can cause this problem?

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: JAD file must reference the JAR file

Quote Originally Posted by skim1776 View Post
    Hello there,

the common error while publishing an app is JAR file must reference the JAD, mine is quite opposite - JAD must reference the JAR. What can cause this problem?

Thank you.
    What do you mean? Depending on the device and how you install, the .jad may not be necessary (just having the .jar may be enough if you install directly from a PC or from the phone's memory card), but if you use a .jad file to download and install the .jar, then the .jad must point correctly to the .jar, not the other way around.

Make also sure that if you're downloading from a web server, that you've set the file permissions correctly, and also that the server sends the correct MIME types for both files.

Otherwise, please explain what you mean in more detail (what your actual problem/behaviour is)?
    Last edited by petrib; 2011-12-08 at 07:06.

I'm afraid you didn't get the question - that's my fault. I have an MIDP2.0 java application and I want to publish it in ovi nokia store. When I try to upload jar and jad file which are required when publishing an appilcation, this error is raised - JAD file must reference the JAR file and I can't publish the app. So what I"m asking is - what can cause this problem?

Super Contributor

Fix the JAD. In case you don't know how it is wrong, post the manifest file from your .jar and the .jad file contents and perhaps someone can point it out for you, if the Nokia Publish QA information is not enough. What is the exact/full error that you've been told?

The manifest and JAD attributes are listed in the documentation.

Generic ones here: http://library.developer.nokia.com/i...11D934B70.html

Those specific for Nokia are here: http://library.developer.nokia.com/i...E4A538FB8.html
    Last edited by petrib; 2011-12-08 at 10:50.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by skim1776 View Post
    I'm afraid you didn't get the question - that's my fault. I have an MIDP2.0 java application and I want to publish it in ovi nokia store. When I try to upload jar and jad file which are required when publishing an appilcation, this error is raised - JAD file must reference the JAR file and I can't publish the app. So what I"m asking is - what can cause this problem?
    This sounds more like you're having an issue when uploading the files to the Nokia Publish tool. Can you email developer.support@nokia.com and provide me with your content ID and your files? I will try to do this on your behalf to see what the error is.

Let me know the ticket reference number and I will pull it from the database.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.