Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Contributor

QA failing again & again for application icon and UID issues. Please solve my issues.

QA Overview for my contents 337413 and 374489

Hi Andrew . Please tell me where exactly the problem of inavalid UID existing in my code again and again . I will correct it soon and resubmit the sisx files. Iam

seeing the icon clearly at my side but why the QA people are facing this issue gain and again . I have added given the paths of .mif files also in the .pkg file. please give me the exact solution.

(GTO_India)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: QA FAILING AGAIN & AGAIN FOR AAPPLICATION ICON AND UID ISUUE. please solve my is

As said do use same sis and same device as the Qa are using, you should also clear the device before testing, so any existing files would not interfere with your testings (for the icon).

For UIDs, do use some nice search app (like agent ransak) for searching teh project files for any UIDs that should not be there, also you could delete all pkg source files before building the final version, that way you would know that all files in sis file are indeed the ones that you think they are.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: QA FAILING AGAIN & AGAIN FOR AAPPLICATION ICON AND UID ISUUE. please solve my is

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    QA Overview for my contents 337413 and 374489

Hi Andrew . Please tell me where exactly the problem of inavalid UID existing in my code again and again . I will correct it soon and resubmit the sisx files. Iam

seeing the icon clearly at my side but why the QA people are facing this issue gain and again . I have added given the paths of .mif files also in the .pkg file. please give me the exact solution.

(GTO_India)
    The UID issue only applies to file ID 337413.

You are using an unprotected UID in your application while using a protected one for your metadata. Please repackage your file and use the UID set in your metadata for your UID3/SID3.

There are another two recurring issues with your content. You may find this below in the comments log of the file component.

As for 374489, it appears your icon is not showing up in the device menu. Please fix this issue on your end and resubmit your content for review.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Super Contributor

Please indicate where exactly I used the unprotected UId. Iam very canfused in between UID3 of .hrh and reg.rss.

As I said already I have replaced UID3 _UID3 to UID3 0x2004aa1c in reg.rss and #define _UID3 0x2004aa1c in .hrh.

please remove my canfusion and clear all teh points related to it.

Seeing so many questions about QA failing from you I've got a question "Have you ever thought to read related documentation?". And test the content of your sis file before submitting it to OVI using specific applications like "siscontents" to avoid missed icons and wrong UIDs.

P.S. please, stop using capitals in post's title, it doesn't attract more attention but rather annoying

I wonder if this story will ever end...

Here we go again:
    1) Start by creating a new project with uid 0xE1234567, or take the Hello World Basic example from the SDK and use its UID3. You will see something like this:

Code:
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy>dir /s /b
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\.cproject
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\.project
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\data
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\gfx
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\group
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\inc
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\sis
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\src
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\whereisuid.txt
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\data\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.rls
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\data\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.rss
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\data\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_reg.rss
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\gfx\qgn_menu_SimpleAppForUIDStudy.svg
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\group\bld.inf
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\group\Icons_scalable_dc.mk
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\group\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.mmp
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\inc\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.hrh
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\inc\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.pan
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\inc\SimpleAppForUIDStudyApplication.h
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\inc\SimpleAppForUIDStudyAppUi.h
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\inc\SimpleAppForUIDStudyAppView.h
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\inc\SimpleAppForUIDStudyDocument.h
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\sis\backup_registration.xml
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\sis\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_S60_5_X_v_1_0_0.pkg
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\sis\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_S60_5_X_v_1_0_0.sis
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\sis\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_S60_5_X_v_1_0_0.sisx
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\src\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.cpp
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\src\SimpleAppForUIDStudyApplication.cpp
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\src\SimpleAppForUIDStudyAppUi.cpp
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\src\SimpleAppForUIDStudyAppView.cpp
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy\src\SimpleAppForUIDStudyDocument.cpp
    Which of these files contain the UID3 value? I may know, or I can guess, but I can definitely find it for sure rather easily ... simply use a search tool or a command line like this:

Code:
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy>for /R %i in (*.*) do @find /i "E1234567" %i

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\.CPROJECT

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\.PROJECT

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\DATA\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.RLS
    #define qtn_loc_resource_file_1 "\\resource\\apps\\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567"

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\DATA\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.RSS
                    icon_file = "\\resource\\apps\\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567.mif";

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\DATA\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY_REG.RSS
    #include <simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567.rsg>
            app_file="SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567";

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\GFX\QGN_MENU_SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.SVG

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\GROUP\BLD.INF
            OPTION TARGETFILE simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567.mif
            OPTION HEADERFILE simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567.mbg

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\GROUP\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK
    ICONTARGETFILENAME=$(TARGETDIR)\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567.mif

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\GROUP\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.MMP
    TARGET                  SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567.exe
    UID               0x100039CE 0xe1234567
    TARGET SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567
    TARGET SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567_reg
    SECUREID                  0xe1234567

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.HRH
    #define _UID3 0xe1234567

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.PAN

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPLICATION.H

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPUI.H

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPVIEW.H

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYDOCUMENT.H

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SIS\BACKUP_REGISTRATION.XML

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SIS\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY_S60_5_X_V_1_0_0.PKG
    #{"SimpleAppForUIDStudy"},(0xe1234567),1,0,0
    "$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(TARGET)\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567.exe"           -"!:\sys\bin\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567.exe"
    "$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567.rsc"            -"!:\resource\apps\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\apps\simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567_reg.rsc"        -"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567_reg.rsc"
    "$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567.mif" -"!:\resource\apps\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567.mif"
    ;"SimpleAppForUIDStudy.txt"             -"!:\private\e1234567\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.txt"
    "..\sis\backup_registration.xml"                -"!:\private\e1234567\backup_registration.xml"

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SIS\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY_S60_5_X_V_1_0_0.SIS

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SIS\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY_S60_5_X_V_1_0_0.SISX

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.CPP

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPLICATION.CPP

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPUI.CPP
    #include <simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567.rsg>
    _LIT( KFileName, "C:\\private\\e1234567\\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.txt" );

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPVIEW.CPP

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYDOCUMENT.CPP
    Ok, so my UID3 shows-up in many places, including some file paths (bad practice) and file names (that's actually good, makes the files unique).

How do I change the UID everywhere in the project? Simple. Carbide.c++ can do search and replace:
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

And you can verify it running again the search command above:

Code:
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy>for /R %i in (*.*) do @find /i "E1234567" %i

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\WHEREISUID.TXT

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\DATA\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.RLS

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\DATA\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.RSS

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\DATA\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY_REG.RSS

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\GFX\QGN_MENU_SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.SVG

OPTION TARGETFILE simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567.mif
            OPTION HEADERFILE simpleappforuidstudy_0xe1234567.mbg

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\GROUP\ICONS_SCALABLE_DC.MK

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\GROUP\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.MMP
    TARGET                  SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567.exe
    UID               0x100039CE 0xe1234567
    TARGET SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567
    TARGET SimpleAppForUIDStudy_0xe1234567_reg
    SECUREID                  0xe1234567

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.HRH

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.PAN

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPLICATION.H

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPUI.H

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPVIEW.H

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\INC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYDOCUMENT.H

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SIS\BACKUP_REGISTRATION.XML

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SIS\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY_S60_5_X_V_1_0_0.PKG

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SIS\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY_S60_5_X_V_1_0_0.SIS

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SIS\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY_S60_5_X_V_1_0_0.SISX

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY.CPP

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPLICATION.CPP

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPUI.CPP

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYAPPVIEW.CPP

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\SRC\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDYDOCUMENT.CPP
    Not a perfect result, as you can see the old UID was left behind in a couple of files.
    That's why I prefer the fart.exe tool. Here's the tool in action

Code:
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy>c:\Work\fart.exe -r -i . "E1234567" "21234567"
    data\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.rls
    data\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.rss
    data\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_reg.rss
    group\bld.inf
    group\Icons_scalable_dc.mk
    group\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.mmp
    inc\SimpleAppForUIDStudy.hrh
    sis\SimpleAppForUIDStudy_S60_5_X_v_1_0_0.pkg
    src\SimpleAppForUIDStudyAppUi.cpp
    Replaced 26 occurence(s) in 9 file(s).
    and this time the result is as I wanted it, no more 0xE1234567 anywhere:

Code:

---------- C:\SYMBIAN\CARBIDE32\WORKSPACE\SIMPLEAPPFORUIDSTUDY\WHEREISUID.TXT

Now that I have the UID3 changed all I have to do is build the project (clean it first) and I should be ready for submission.

In your case QA tells you that you still use the 0xE-range UID somewhere in your project. Awesome, do a search and find out where. Then fix it.

But wait, the QA also tells you that the bad UID is in the *_reg.rsc file. If you don't trust QA's finding, well ... you should, but if you don't, let's see where that is. Go to the file (in my case in C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/data/z/private/10003a3f/apps/ ) and have a look at it with an HEX editor. Here's my file, with 0xE1234567 in there, in little-endian representation.

Your file will have your old UID3 in the same position.

Now that the problem is confirmed, where does the problem come from? Since _reg.rsc files are compiled versions of _reg.rss then it must be that file that has the old UID3 in it. And it does, as an _UID macro defined in application's SimpleAppForUIDStudy.hrh header file.

Change the valued there, rebuild the project, test the app and then send it to Nokia Publish again.

It's not magic at all, it's just code. Which in turn is in easy to search text files. All you have to do is be careful when you change the UID, so that the change is consistent.
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2011-12-09 at 16:38. Reason: Typos
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

You also mentioned (here or on the Facebook group) that you're changing back to the 0xE UID range for testing reasons. That should not be necessary at all. When you apply for a 0x2-range UID you also gain access to a developer certificate which can be used for signing the application with that protected UID.

But should you have a need to still perform this UID change, there's only one requirement: pay attention to what you're doing. Obviously you can replace the UIDs as many times as you want ...

Code:
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy>c:\Work\fart.exe -r -i . "E1234567" "21234567"
    group\bld.inf
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy>c:\Work\fart.exe -r -i . "21234567" "E1234567"
    group\bld.inf
    group\bld.inf
    C:\Symbian\Carbide32\workspace\SimpleAppForUIDStudy>c:\Work\fart.exe -r -i . "21234567" "E1234567"
    group\bld.inf
    The UID change cannot be a reason (or an excuse) for failing Nokia Publish's QA. And if you make a mistake, fixing it cannot take more than 5 minutes (+build time).
    -- Lucian

Super Contributor

Ok is it How to sign it with developer certificate I have them with me? R u talking about symbian signing or what?

Everytime replacing UIDs is very problematic.

Thank you for the replies given . I will try all and I searched wth sicontenst as u know already. It was not showing any unprotected UId

Ok is it How to sign it with developer certificate I have them with me? R u talking about symbian signing or what?
    Uh, we had the exact same discussion on the Facebook group a week or two ago. A certificate is a certificate, you sign with it the same as you signed with the other one. Either use signsis or your choice of IDE, they all do the same thing.

You have received the certificate in a zip file, which contains: a sis file which you are supposed to install on your phone, a file called OVI_<date>.crt and one called OVI_<date>.key. It is these later two files that you are supposed to use for signing you sis file.

Every time replacing UIDs is very problematic.
    That's like saying that searching and replacing a string in a file is problematic. But obviously it is not, it's trivial.

Thank you for the replies given . I will try all and I searched wth sicontenst as u know already. It was not showing any unprotected UId
    SISContents may or may not know how to look inside resource files for UIDs, and you may or may not using the tool correctly. Nokia Publish's QA has told you exactly where the problem is, yet you somehow have still failed to find it. That's not a tools problem, it's a human error.
    -- Lucian

Super Contributor

How to look inside resource files then? No nokia people have just told there may be use of unprotected UID like 0xEA44DBf7 etc. and not given the location clearly.

I suggest that you should read again the post #7 on this thread, and see what that picture in it represents. But as said above, that's just of you want to verify that QA is right, which I don't see why you would have doubts about.

Other than that just go to the HRH file, make sure that you replace the _UID3 value with the 0x2xxxxxxx one provided by Nokia Publish and then rebuild your project. That's all that's needed. Forget about looking in binary files and other such complicated things.

Then sign the file with the certificate from Nokia, install it on your test phone and see that it works. If it does, send it to Nokia Publish. If it doesn't, inspect your project for more problems.

As for giving the location clearly, I hope you don't expect that the QA testes know how an application is made and where the UIDs may be placed. That's your job to know. You have had more than enough clues in QA's reports, not to mention all the additional help I've been giving you for the past weeks, this problem should have been fixed in 5 minutes.
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2011-12-09 at 21:47.
    -- Lucian

Super Contributor

You mean to say that I have to keep the reg.rss file as it is. I have changed it to UID2 KUidAppRegistrationResourceFile
    UID3 0x2xxxxxxx.

I have change in .hrh as #define _UID3 0x2xxxxxxx .Now shall I change it to #define 0x2xxxxxxx

I simply don't understand why you have to ask these questions. Each app has an UID3. The value of that UID3 can be in the 0xExxxxxxx range when developing the app, but for release it has to have a value allocated by Symbian Signed (via Nokia Publish in your case) and that value is in the 0x2xxxxxxx range. So before sending the app to Nokia Publish, (but you can do that any time you want before that), all the occurrences of that 0xE value must be replaced with the 0x2 value. All of them. Everywhere.

That's it, and it's simple.

I have change in .hrh as #define _UID3 0x2xxxxxxx .Now shall I change it to #define 0x2xxxxxxx
    Do you understand how a #define works? Do you understand that #define _UID3 0x2xxxxxxx is totally different than #define 0x2xxxxxxx? No, you should not do such change.

I do not know why you have "UID3 0x2xxxxxxx" in the *_reg.rss file instead of "UID3 _UID", but that does not matter, it is virtually the same thing, except that now you have one more place where you use the 0x2xxxxxxx value, so it's one more place where you should be careful to change it.
    -- Lucian

Super Contributor

why UID3 is like _0x2xxxxxxxx? ok then I will replace UID3 by 0x2xxxxxxxxx everywhere .Thank u

UID3 _UID3 shall I change it simply to UID3 _0x2xxxxxxx