×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    150

    Exclamation Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    Hi Andrew.

    Do you have any update on this issue?
    I found your topic http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...4-Applications right after I removed old QtSDK, installed version 1.1.4, build and completely tested new update to my applications and prepared for submission. Now I am a bit puzzled: should I wait for your fix and submit Qt4.7.4 apps later or take my time to download and install 1.1.2 and start process from scratch again?

    Do you have any guess when publishers should expect Qt 4.7.4 support fix? December? Q1 2012? later?

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,168

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    as said, they will update the information as they can, and before any update there are probably no new news to share.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    210

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    Are you kidding me? Is this for real??
    I just picked up Qt again after having about a 5 month hiatus. Everything in the doc's pointed me to use the new 4.7.4SDK for publishing to the store, claiming multiple bug fixes, smoother running etc, etc..... See Here
    Now I have already submitted an app built with 4.7.4 to Ovi last Sunday and have been waiting for QA.... I guess it was all a waste of my precious time then eh?
    I suppose this means the new qt-components 1.1 for symbian that I used are also not supported since they depend on 4.7.4 Right?
    How about somebody updates the documentation and sends an alert out publishers? Would that be too much to ask? Not everybody checks the forum nokia to see if the documentation is accurate.....
    Jon

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,168

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    please read the link from the original post, it explains the issue rather well.

  5. #5
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    2,326

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Heron View Post
    Are you kidding me? Is this for real??
    I just picked up Qt again after having about a 5 month hiatus. Everything in the doc's pointed me to use the new 4.7.4SDK for publishing to the store, claiming multiple bug fixes, smoother running etc, etc..... See Here
    Now I have already submitted an app built with 4.7.4 to Ovi last Sunday and have been waiting for QA.... I guess it was all a waste of my precious time then eh?
    I suppose this means the new qt-components 1.1 for symbian that I used are also not supported since they depend on 4.7.4 Right?
    How about somebody updates the documentation and sends an alert out publishers? Would that be too much to ask? Not everybody checks the forum nokia to see if the documentation is accurate.....
    Jon
    If you want to use the Qt 4.7.4 , then you have to restrict the target for Belle, and Meego Harmattan devices.

    Read this : Target devices

    regards,
    rahul

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    It appears that the issue has not yet been resolved as yet. We are now stalling all Qt 4.7.4 applications in the QA process to investigate this problem further. This includes apps with distribution limited to Belle devices as well.

    If you require immediate processing of these application, you will need to rebuild your application using Qt 4.7.3.

    I'm truly sorry about this. I'll keep you updated when I hear more from the team.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    506

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    Andrew, when the issue is planned to be resolved?
    Thanks
    Symbian & Qt developer. http://vladest.org

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    80

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    I'm also interested in that. An update of one of my apps is pending for over one month now. I'm more interested in doing further development than backporting it to 4.6.3 or something which takes a lot of time for nothing at the end.

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
    I'm also interested in that. An update of one of my apps is pending for over one month now. I'm more interested in doing further development than backporting it to 4.6.3 or something which takes a lot of time for nothing at the end.
    Sadly, this is not resolved as yet... though I note there seems to be greater and greater urgency to get this out as soon as possible. I will let you folks know.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    121

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    As workaround you could add Qt-Symbian-4.7.3 to the Package management.

    Under Symbian Toolchains - Symbian Anna - there is only version 4.7.4.

    If I want the old, I have to uninstall the current SDK (it need up to 5 hours), download and install the old Nokia-QT-SDK (up to 6-7 hours on my laptop).

    And after 10 hours of works, maybe OVI store accept the new version and so I can work for another 10 hours to reupdate the new version.

    I alreay uploaded a 4.7.4 app, I don't know if I have to rebuild it, once the bug is solved.
    I discovered Qt in the summer 2010, it was sooo easy and nice to use, that I begun to write some apps.
    Thank you Nokia, for giving me this possibility!

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger54 View Post
    As workaround you could add Qt-Symbian-4.7.3 to the Package management.

    Under Symbian Toolchains - Symbian Anna - there is only version 4.7.4.

    If I want the old, I have to uninstall the current SDK (it need up to 5 hours), download and install the old Nokia-QT-SDK (up to 6-7 hours on my laptop).

    And after 10 hours of works, maybe OVI store accept the new version and so I can work for another 10 hours to reupdate the new version.

    I alreay uploaded a 4.7.4 app, I don't know if I have to rebuild it, once the bug is solved.
    You will not need to rebuild your Qt 4.7.4 app when the fixes are implemented. QA will simply process your application as per normal and publish it if no issues are found. No further action is required on the publisher's end... just patience.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    121

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    I am little disappointed with this behavior.

    The last post about this problem in alerts is from 16.th december:

    We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience while we investigate this matter.
    2 Weeks ago, the support wrote to me, that Nokia will solve the problem so fast as possible, but I don't think they will investigate this matter... In 1-2 months we will have Belle on our devices...

    At the moment, I am recompiling all apps for Symbian^3 with "S^1-Qt4.7.3" and reuploading them to the store. It is sad to see S^3 phones with a S^1 app, but I think this is the best way.

    My compiled S^3-Qt4.7.4 apps are available only for Belle.
    If Nokia will ever solve this bug, I can than change the distribution configuration
    I discovered Qt in the summer 2010, it was sooo easy and nice to use, that I begun to write some apps.
    Thank you Nokia, for giving me this possibility!

  13. #13
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger54 View Post
    I am little disappointed with this behavior.

    The last post about this problem in alerts is from 16.th december:



    2 Weeks ago, the support wrote to me, that Nokia will solve the problem so fast as possible, but I don't think they will investigate this matter... In 1-2 months we will have Belle on our devices...

    At the moment, I am recompiling all apps for Symbian^3 with "S^1-Qt4.7.3" and reuploading them to the store. It is sad to see S^3 phones with a S^1 app, but I think this is the best way.

    My compiled S^3-Qt4.7.4 apps are available only for Belle.
    If Nokia will ever solve this bug, I can than change the distribution configuration
    This bug has been fixed. All pending Qt 4.7.4 applications are being reprocessed for all selected devices at this time. Sorry for the delay on this.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Similar Threads

  1. ALERT: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications
    By Andrew Nokia in forum [Archived] Application Submission
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-11-29, 22:41
  2. ALERT: Limited distribution for Qt 4.7.4 Applications
    By Andrew Nokia in forum [Archived] Publish to Nokia Store – General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-11-29, 22:41
  3. J2ME MIDlet is limited, why not Java applications on mobile?
    By chen_lin99 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2007-12-29, 01:15
  4. Distribution of applications
    By Lucretia9000 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-01-24, 16:15
  5. Limited Distribution of MMS
    By ricardo_hotton in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-06-13, 08:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×