Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool I want to install a nokia signed UIDs used application with developer certificate -

I want to install a nokia signed UIDs used symbain application with developer certificate
    - developer key
    - developer certificate installer.

I have every thing with me. I have application in which nokia signed UIDs are used. First I installed developer certificate installer and installed security certificate on my pc. But still Iam unable to install

my application.

It is still saying " Unable to install a protected appplication from uncertfied supplier"

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: I want to install a nokia signed UIDs used application with developer certifica

please reset the device, then read teh instructions once more time, and make sure you understand them. And then do try again. Make sure that you do install the thing given to teh device, and that the device is in the IMEI list, and then make sujre you do use correct UIDs in all places in your application.

Super Contributor

Re: I want to install a nokia signed UIDs used application with developer certifica

Got it actually the problem is due to expired certificate . I followed the following http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...gn_Certificate.

First I installed the installer into my device and tried the above .

Yep, you do need to pay more attention to details. it would definetely make your life easier.

Super Contributor

Now I have requested new developer certifiacte and provisioner ccertificate installer i.e .sis . But I dont know why the error is shown as " Unabe to install protected application from Untrusted supplier"?

when I try to install my app which used UID like 0x2xxxxxxx after installing certifiacte installer also.

that would mean that the certificate you are using is considered to be un-trusted certificate, and thus it would be valid only for self-signing purposes. Thus do check the details once again, and make sure you have followed the instructions.

Most likely you have missed the installation to the device somehow.

Super Contributor

The certificate is just now sent by developer support Nokia. I saw the validity is from 6/12/2011 to march 2012.

First I rebooted my device after unistalling the expired and old instaler.sis
    Later I installed the R& D certificate installer.sis intio my device

Then I tried to install my app which used nokia UID like 0x2xxxxxxx .

Then its says" Unabe to install protected application from Untrusted supplier".

Why is it so?

So, please do make sure that you do use correct certificate, and that the sis file is only signed once. You could always use signsis in command line to check what signatures any sis file has, as well as you could use it for removing them.

Super Contributor

correct certifiacte?

sis file is signed only once?

Super Contributor

Ok sorry I skipped thee step " Sign sis file with Certificate/key pair" Now My app got succesfully installed.

Basically you do need to keep more attention to the details, it does make your life easier.

Super Contributor

when clicked on the application's icon after installing nothing is happening why is it so?

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    when clicked on the application's icon after installing nothing is happening why is it so?
    I'm 100% certain we have discussed this topic few times already, thus please also pay attention to advices already given.