Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Apps disappeared from Nokia Store

Hi all,

This morning I was surprised to find that two of my apps are simply disappeared from Nokia Store without a trace. They are listed at publish.ovi.com as published, but I can't find them at store.ovi.com, and when I try to access them via a direct links, "Sorry, this item is no longer available" message appears. Is someone else here experiencing similar issue?

Dear Andrew, please, take a look into support request #86303. This is my request related to this issue. The disappeared apps are quite popular apps and every day of their absence in Nokia Store costs me a money, so I'm very interested to solve this problem ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Apps disappeared from Nokia Store

Situation with OVI goes from bad to worth. No apps disappeared for me... yet

same things has happened to me. app disappeared.

i also send a support mail, #86330

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    Situation with OVI goes from bad to worth. No apps disappeared for me... yet
    Nokia Store have it's own advantages - benevolent community, good support, good development tools... But Nokia Store engine bugs and instabilities are REALLY DRIVING ME MAD! OMG! Why they still can't solve the same recurring problem within six months for now? How it can be? Do they really like to lose remaining Symbian/Meego developers?

Regular Contributor

It seems that issue with apps disappearing from store was coincided with their auto-approval for Belle devices. It turns out that I received e-mail from QA with subject "Content file(s) updated in Ovi Store" and comment "N8-00-Belle C7-00-Belle C6-01-Belle E7-00-Belle C7-00_1-Belle X7-00-Belle T7-00-Belle Oro-Belle added to the device distribution as compatible for your content. If you have any questions, please contact publishtoovi.support@nokia.com" for both content items just before they are disappeared.

Regular Contributor

Issue status update: today I have received the following answer from support team regarding my issue:

Unfortunately, it appears that there is currently an issue with items not
    appearing in Nokia Store. Our Development team is currently investigating this
    issue with top priority and as soon as this issue has been resolved, your
    content will become available in Nokia Store once again.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and I
    thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate
    to let me know.
    Dear Andrew, could you tell please, when this problem approximately should be solved? It seems that December will be the worst month for me this year, because of reporting issue (and sales drops caused by it) and this publishing issue occured for my two quite popular apps. Arrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by lostdev View Post
    Nokia Store have it's own advantages - benevolent community, good support, good development tools... But Nokia Store engine bugs and instabilities are REALLY DRIVING ME MAD! OMG! Why they still can't solve the same recurring problem within six months for now? How it can be? Do they really like to lose remaining Symbian/Meego developers?
    I was not evaluating Nokia Store despite considerable number of issues it has from customer (not developer) point of view. I was just referring to situation with online reports, now apps disappearing... what's next?

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lostdev View Post
    Issue status update: today I have received the following answer from support team regarding my issue:

Dear Andrew, could you tell please, when this problem approximately should be solved? It seems that December will be the worst month for me this year, because of reporting issue (and sales drops caused by it) and this publishing issue occured for my two quite popular apps. Arrgh!
    I'm very sorry about this. We are still investigating on this issue and are working hard to restore the visibility of all affected contents. I will update you when I hear more.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    I'm very sorry about this. We are still investigating on this issue and are working hard to restore the visibility of all affected contents. I will update you when I hear more.
    Andrew, any news? I found no mention of this issue with disappearing apps on "News & Alerts" page. Both of my disappeared apps are still not available in store, and I'm still losing money because of this.

We are still trying to restore the affected contents; I'll try to speed this along on my end. Truly sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Andrew Nokia; 2011-12-15 at 18:55.

Nokia Developer Expert

We believe that we have fixed this issue and all visibility should be restored to your contents now. If your applications are still missing from the store, please email developer.support@nokia.com and provide the content IDs of the affected items.
    Last edited by Andrew Nokia; 2011-12-16 at 01:49.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Regular Contributor

We believe that we have fixed this issue and all visibility should be restored to your contents now. If your applications are still missing from the store, please email developer.support@nokia.com and provide the content IDs of the affected items.
    My apps are now back, thank you, Andrew!

Regular Contributor

It's sad that categories are recalculated now, and since my apps was not available last week, they are now much lower than they were before the issue occured