Discussion Board

Unable to use accounts-qt framework in scratchbox. Accounts DB locked

I am trying to use accounts-qt library to create an account from my application. I don't want to mess up with the accounts.db file on my device, so I am using scratchbox HARMATTAN_X86 target. But this simple code fails to execute in scratchbox.
    Code:
    #include <Accounts/Manager>
    #include <QDebug>

using namespace Accounts;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {    
         Manager mgr;
    }
    The error when I execute the binary is
    Code:
    vicar-contacts-plugin[20589]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Error initializing DB: unable to open database file
    Manager could not be created. DB is locked 
    vicar-contacts-plugin[20589]: GLIB WARNING ** GLib-GObject - invalid (NULL) pointer instance
    vicar-contacts-plugin[20589]: GLIB CRITICAL ** GLib-GObject - g_signal_handlers_disconnect_matched: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
    vicar-contacts-plugin[20589]: GLIB WARNING ** GLib-GObject - invalid (NULL) pointer instance
    vicar-contacts-plugin[20589]: GLIB CRITICAL ** GLib-GObject - g_signal_handlers_disconnect_matched: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
    vicar-contacts-plugin[20589]: GLIB CRITICAL ** GLib-GObject - g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    I have tried deleting accounts.db and accounts.db-wal in /home/user/.account to "unlock" the DB. But it didn't help. I am running the binary as user and user has rw on both files. I am not sure which process is locking the files and how to unlock them. Any suggestions?

Super Contributor

Re: Unable to use accounts-qt framework in scratchbox. Accounts DB locked

You can run your code in your device as "developer".
    It should not mess up anything.
    Last edited by gnuton; 2011-12-19 at 15:18.

Re: Unable to use accounts-qt framework in scratchbox. Accounts DB locked

Thanks gnuton. I was hoping to use scratchbox with Xephyr for initial testing and then deploy to device. But it seems I don't have that choice because of this error.