Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to allow my client to test my application before marketplace release?

Is there any way to build up app to binary and install it on unlocked device via zune without Visual Studio 2010? My client has got 3 unlocked devices he want to test my app on them The only way I can see now is to send him my application resources and allow him to build it up on their Visual Studio 2010 and upload via zune. Is there any other way to do it? Maybe some kind of marketplace developer tool to distribiute apps to developer unlocked devices?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to allow my client to test my application before marketplace release?

Take a look at this article and see if it helps:

http://www.windowsphonegeek.com/arti...ce-or-emulator

Nokia Developer Moderator

By the way... there is already available a Beta App Hub where you can desploy your apps. Then you define the live ids that are authorized to download and install your apps on Beta and that way your customer does not even need Zune. Take a look here form more information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=VS.92).aspx

Regular Contributor

giedi1 With the developer tools you have a tool called "Application Deployment". With it you can deploy to any unlocked device a .xap file of your application.
    Also if you want a bigger "beta" with up to 100 users, you can upload your app to the marketplace using the private beta option, that allow you to upload an application without passing certification and for a period of 90 days. You can specify the live ids that can access to your applications, this way your client dont need to use only unlocked device, they can test the application on all devices they have.