Discussion Board

Web App Simulator, nothing happens when clicking Debugger button.

Hi,

I have a problem that I have not found any solution by searching this forum or by google search. I installed the Web Tools 1.5 normally with default values. I created the News web app template application, but when I run the Local preview for Web app and try clicking Debugger button, nothing happens. My colleague did the same steps and it's working for him. Also I noticed that the Keyboard button did not work either, it showed a message saying that the it was unable to start On-Screen Keyboard. For that I found out that I actually need to run the simulator with admin privileges for that to work, but that did not fix the Debugger button.

I tried looking at the WebToolsWorkspace\.metadata\.log file to see if there is an error message printed there but the last line of the log was only about that the simulator is starting. Please help?

BR,
    Janne

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Web App Simulator, nothing happens when clicking Debugger button.

Hi,

Did you install the Nokia web tools with account that has administrator privileges? If not then please try to reinstall as administrator.

Almost forgot... Welcome to forum!

Br,
    Ilkka

Thanks,

I reinstalled the Web Tools 1.5 with admin privileges. This time the installer also installed the start menu and desktop items, but the Debugger problem still persists.

BR,
    Janne

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

I'll create a bug report about this issue.

Could you tell me detailed information about environment: Operating system, OS language, User account type (admin or not), Web app simulator version, web tools version

Br,
    Ilkka

Hi,

Language: English
    User account type: Managed in AD, don't know any specifics but probably not admin.
    WebApp simulator version: 1.5.0.201110122136
    WebTools version: 1.5.0

I'm pretty sure that this issue is somehow related to my computer configuration, because the Debugger is working correctly for my colleague with the exact same Web Tools version and only differences I can think of are related to computer configuration...

BR,
    Janne

Nokia Developer Expert

By the way are you using a dual monitor? Sometimes the debugger window can come up and end up outside the main viewing area of the display. That seems to happen sometimes. You can try using tools like "Force Window Visible" on Windows to see if you see a window called "Web Inspector" show up in the list. Is it happening every time?

Quote Originally Posted by deepmaj View Post
    By the way are you using a dual monitor? Sometimes the debugger window can come up and end up outside the main viewing area of the display. That seems to happen sometimes. You can try using tools like "Force Window Visible" on Windows to see if you see a window called "Web Inspector" show up in the list. Is it happening every time?
    Thank you . That is the problem, I do have a dual monitor setup and for some reason the web inspector window always starts out side of the screen. I think I can live with using the "Force Windows Visible" tool to get it visible for now... Hopefully this is fixed in some future patch

BR,
    Janne

Nokia Developer Expert

If you can, switch to one monitor mode and see what happens.