Discussion Board

Unhappy How to build output files in SDK Belle beta???

Hi! i m new to building apps for symbian nokia.i am just doing the built in examples presend in SDK Belle beta!! but i am unable to build the output files by using bldmake BLDFILES as it says this command is not supported in this version!!!!. can anyone help me?is there any other command to build the output files? or which version supports bldmake command?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to build output files in SDK Belle beta???

Note that beta SDK-s might not be ideal for an absolute beginner. Non-beta S60 SDK-s or Symbian^3 may be a better pick, in fact if you plan to support recent devices only and do not need low-level API-s, you may have far better experiences with Qt.

Anyway, for answering the question: SBS (Symbian Build System) v1 is deprecated with Symbian Belle, you need SBS v2, which is also known as Raptor. Here is the guide for Symbian^3: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ymbian%5E3_SDK, but you can also find some description in the SDK files, like C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v0.6\gcce_readme.txt and C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v0.6\releasenotes.txt
    (If you look these files you will probably notice QT_application_build_howto.txt too, but when suggesting Qt I meant downloading and installing QtCreator, the standalone all-in-one Qt development environment).

Apparently some additional tips have been posted in http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...-Belle-0.6-SDK
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2011-12-15 at 18:41.