Discussion Board

Nokia App Wizard Tamil Language Problem

Sir,

I have blog it a Tamil Language (http://unakulnan.blogspot.com) so I Create a software for through nokia application Wizard.

I done the application and install my mobile.. but shows small boxes like [] my posting not appear in my mobile nokia c6-00 v40.0.021.

Kindly help.. how to show that tamil language using the nokia app wizard..

this link is my application
    http://appwizard.nokia.com/get.jsp?pp=77ee66

plz help

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia App Wizard Tamil Language Problem

Tamil language characters will show as boxes, if the font does not support those characters.

You would have to find a device which has a system/defult font with Tamil support, or install your own replacement font. A bit old (but probably still valid for the C6-00) description here: http://darlamack.blogs.com/darlamack...ng_fonts_.html

If you want to get a supported solution, then you'd need the C6-00 with firmware that has Tamil font support built-in (or use some other phone model with Tamil support).

Dear Sir,

I do the above you said steps... but some texts are continues mix and irrugular format... so can you help which font is support our tamil language... i used ms arial unicode support.. and code 2000...

Super Contributor

Can't be of much more assistance in this respect. Your options, as far as I can see, are:

1. Switch to using a phone that has built-in support for the Tamil language in the firmware
    2. If your phone supports overriding/replacing your own system/default fonts, find a suitable font file with Tamil characters and install it on the phone

C6-00 does support overriding system fonts, and the blog post I linked to shows you how, but I cannot help you finding a proper and compatible font file for your phone. That you have to do on your own, or someone else needs to help you with it.

ursaro1983

Dear Sir,

I do the above you said steps... but some texts are continues mix and irrugular format... so can you help which font is support our tamil language... i used ms arial unicode support.. and code 2000...
    ursaro, have you found a suitable solution? do let me know if you have, I need help with this as well