Discussion Board

Unhappy RDA: can't install apps and can't upload files

Hello

Installing apps and uploading files in remotes devices has not worked for me for at least the past few days. The device self-disconnets itself from the RDA session 15 to 20 seconds after I initiate the upload or installation.

I have not used RDA in the past 3 months and I had never had this issue earlier. I noticed it few days ago as I wanted to resume RDA usage and thought that was an obvious issue which would be resolved quickly. Unfortunately I am still experiencing the problem now and I am surprised no other thread here mentions it.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

sergiogiogio

PS: My app is around 3.5 MB whicdh is big but I do not believe this is a size issue.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: RDA: can't install apps and can't upload files

Hello,

does this happen with several RDA devices or only using certain device? Also, have you managed to upload and install other apps when using RDA.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mimuurin View Post
    Hello,

does this happen with several RDA devices or only using certain device? Also, have you managed to upload and install other apps when using RDA.
    also what kind of internet connection you have and from which country are you using the service from? is there any difference if you use the "manage files" feature to transfer the file to the phone instead of the "install software" feature?

I can see from the server logs that the last device you had been using was Nokia 701. Based on my own tests the file transfer to that device seemed to work normally.

Hello - sorry for my late follow-up.
    It turns out the problem is not with RDA but most probably with my home internet connection. I do not have any issue when using my mobile 3G connection (slower but more reliable it seems).

My home internet connection appears to forcefully disconnects file transfers after 1 or 2 MB on any site. The problem affect RDA, but also yahoo and ovi mail. Google mail is not affected though, although the transfer is very slow.

Super Contributor

Hi there, sergiogiogio

Thank you for your update on this. Good to know that you had pinpointed the source to your problems, however I hope you can still use our RDA service via your internet connection at home.

Maybe you could approach your internet provider to find out the possible cause for this connection breaking up symptom.

Best Regards,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]