Discussion Board

Lightbulb Developing a new app (Social/Usefull)

Hi!

My name is Lorant. Im a graphic designer and i have some great(?!) idea for apps and games, but i dont know about coding. My friend BlackWicked ( http://projects.developer.nokia.com/EvidenceHunt ) brought here.

I have an complete idea for one application(my english is on bad level, but i wil try my best, sorry).
    and im searching for the guy(s) who can do the code part. Im restricted about my phone (Nokia 5230).

The app idea:

Worree
    This should be a simple emergency notification application.
    When you click on the app icon the popups a window with 2 sliding activated buttons - "Im fine"(eq.) - "Im worried" . When you ex. arrived the party simple push the "Im fine" button, than the app post o your facebook/twitter/etc. wall a post that you are arriving w/o any problems at the party. This "good" part of the app is just the 30% of the app.

But when at the party suddenly goes wrong(fire,robbery,etc) than you push(slide) the button Im worried and the app post 4 text message and emails to predefined numbers/mails and on social platforms.
    The video recording is automaticly will turning ON(all sounds muted) and starts to record all happenings.

This should be the main part of the app.
    So this is my rough idea to and im willing to make te design for it, just i need help from developers.
    I have also a game idea. I will explain later...

Dear moderators/admins!
    Sorry if i messed up the topics. This is my first post, so, sorry. Its ok when you move my thread.

Super Contributor

Re: Developing a new app (Social/Usefull)

Hi,
    The application you want to create is quite easy and people without great coding experience can write it using QML.
    Since you posted here I guess your target platform is Harmattan/Nokia N9.

BTW I invite any people interested in working for csoxa to contact him in private about the details of this project.
    Feel free to write here in this public forum in case you face any problem with development.

Thank You!
    I will make the first two page or so. Yes for N9. But i need the page dimensions, and in wich resolution i need to create the pages.

Super Contributor

Thanks again gnuton!

I was surfing on the forum and on the site and found some useful stuff especially in Design menu, that will help to me alot.
    I made a very-very rough sketches about the app. ( http://webdeezine.com/data/sketches.zip ) this will be my first app, so i will go slowly.I saw the Flowella, maybe i will try that software.
    btw, the Launchpad registration need an approve from Nokia?Will i get an email or so?Thx