Hi developers, i am programming a small canvas app for Nokia S60 and Symbian devices. My issue is that when i start up the app on the Symbian device it shows a blank screen for roughly 5 seconds, either black or white before loading the app which i have programmed a small splash screen in. I believe this is built in to allow for an app to use a custom image for a startup screen/splash screen. I am using the Nokia-MIDlet-Splash-Screen-Image: suppress manifest attribute currently and yet this still happens, based on the S60 load time i know that it is not the fact there is a delay due to initializing classes, i have forced the majority of my initializing calls into when my custom splash screen is showing to avoid any blank screen delays. Any idea why the suppress attribute is not working? i will note that there is no issue on the S60 devices, believed to be because this attribute is for Symbian 3 and up.

Can anyone help in removing the blank screen altogether or at least lowering the time it is shown?

Any ideas for problem are very much appreciated
Thanks in advance