Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Succesor of BELLE

I am expecting the new upgrade of Symbian. When you estimate to launch it? Symbian C.... (Carla?, Crio?)

I read about New 803 phone with a 12 mexapixel camera!. According to some users, BELLE performance is similar to android nowadays, but symbian is stable and more secure.

My suggestions to improve more Nokia phones are:
    -Use the agreement with Microsoft to add Office package in Symbian soon. I read that Microsoft is coding it. Right?
    -try to build better phone designs!. Similar to iphone design, flat.
    -add screen size bigger, i dont know why nokia keeps a small size screen comparing to samsung, iphone, etc. Increase file size to maximun possible.

Integration to office and internet is excellent.

Keep upgrading symbian, as it is much better than windowsphone7, android or iphone.
    Last edited by droopyar; 2012-01-04 at 17:59.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Succesor of BELLE

There has not been any announcements of any successor, nor any device called 803 either, thus they do not exist, which there are no information available for them either. If you don't already know, we do not really discuss rumours here, nor would we want to speculate on future products unless they have been properly announced.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Moved to General Discussion for now. Practically you did not find a really fitting board for the topic because product-related discussions are hosted on http://www.nokia.com/discussions - of course rumors are not commented there either, but feature suggestions are welcome as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by droopyar View Post
    My suggestions to improve more Nokia phones are:
    -Use the agreement with Microsoft to add Office package in Symbian soon. I read that Microsoft is coding it. Right?
    Why should MS develop an Office for Symbian? Symbian is a competitor and losing market share. No need.
    -try to build better phone designs!. Similar to iphone design, flat.
    What is better? And why is iphone design better? Design is just a matter of taste. I like the design of Nokia deviced.
    -add screen size bigger, i dont know why nokia keeps a small size screen comparing to samsung, iphone, etc. Increase file size to maximun possible.
    Possibility is not by default better. Some smartphones today are mor tablets than phones. Most users want a smartphone for trouser pocket. Of course there are some users want bigger displays. But I don't think this group of users is crucial for market share.

Regular Contributor

@amin.kh

My reply:
    1) I have read on many forums that Microsoft accept to port their office applications to symbian as they plan to use it for corporate networks. Dont know if it is true, just a read on internet.

2) Design is very important, as a phone is now a gadget. If you see latest samsung, HTC or any Asia developer, you will notice they move to a flat design. Instead, nokia keep using old designs or strange designs that personally dont like. As it is Number1 manufacturer of phone worldwide, i recomment to launch a brand of symbian using:
    a) a flat design similar to iphone
    b) a bigger full screen phone, not just a middle screen

I guarantee Nokia sales will increase more. Do the test. I hope any marketing team of nokia is reading this.
    Nokia has a good hardware, but out of time design.