Discussion Board

Smile Download Java Verified Sample Apps

Could some one please tell me where I can download some sample apps that have gone through the Java Verified Process.

Thank You

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Download Java Verified Sample Apps

Hi bestclee and welcome to Nokia's Discussion Boards,

All the Java Applications published in the Nokia Store are Java Verified. The signing is part of the Quality Assurance process.

Series 40 devices support only Java application while Symbian devices support both Java and Symbian applications. All you have to do, is find a Series 40 application to ensure that you are actually downloading a Java app. You can search for example, one for Nokia 6700 classic.

Note, that you will be able to download and test the application on the device, but you don't have access to the .jar and .jad files.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by skalogir View Post
    Note, that you will be able to download and test the application on the device, but you don't have access to the .jar and .jad files.
    Which, on the other hand, is what I suspect that the original poster wants; source code for sample/example apps that have passed the tests successfully.

If the app is an open source app in general, then both criteria would be satisfied, I guess. However, at least I can't think of any such apps.

Nokia Developer Expert

Indeed, it might be hard, to find the source code of a signed application.

If however, the scope is to examine the difference of the default security access level (user prompts) between a published signed and a custom written non-signed application that both use an obvious protected method call (such as location or contact retrieval), one could search for a relevant to his/her cause application from Nokia Store. Given that the default security access levels for a signed (3rd party trusted domain) and a non-signed application (3rd party untrusted domain), vary significantly per platform and per protected API method calls, it could be worth of investigating whether any prompts requesting the user to allow protected operations would show or not by default, had the developer signed the application, prior to actually paying for the signing.

There is already a list that describes the behavior of signed and non signed application with respect to user prompts per protected method calls and platform here:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...curity_Domains

but it is not complete.

bestclee, does this help? Found here …