Discussion Board

Application Deployement Issue

Dear All,

I have built an application, and have successfully deployed it on N950 . It's running fine. As I quit application and try to run it for second time from device it does not run. Does anyone have any idea that what am I doing wrong with it? (If I run application from Qt SDK on device then it runs, but if I run from device it does not)

Kindly assist me. Thanks in advanced

Regards,
    Ali

Super Contributor

Re: Application Deployement Issue

Hi,
    Are you using mobility?
    If the application is run by Qt Creator or launched from SSH using developer it runs even without capabilities.
    But if you run tha app as user (launching the app from the home screen menu), you have to define the correct tokens in your AEGIS manifest file.

At this page you can find the tokens which your application needs:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ecurity_Tokens

Hi,

I am not using mobility. Still it is required to define token in my AEGIS manifest file. My friend is working on an other application but he doesn't face any issue like this. Can you let me know more about 'capabilities' and 'AEGIS' Implementation

Nokia Developer Champion

What is happening inside your app as soon as its launched? I mean any video/audio is played on launched etc or what

I am using box2d plugins. when I start a new game I use Loader Element to load GamePage. In game page I have a Flickable Element which contains Box2dWorld. I have not used any Audio/Video.

Hi,

This bug is for symbian but seems to happen on N9 too - https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-1010

Even i faced this issue sometimes, the app runs from the qtcreator but not when launched from device.
    But should cross check if the permissions are the issue like developer/user as gnuton mentioned.

Aegis syntax is available at - http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...st_syntax.html

Hi,

In this case, my friend's app is running but mine is not running from app icon.

Can you try deleting the file <yourapp>.pro.user and qtc_packaging folder once and reloading the project in qtcreator and run it. Hopw you are using the QTSDK 1.1.4

by deleting <myapp>.pro.user, my application is not being built. As I replace new <myapp>.pro.user with old one it get build and runs. I am using QtSDK 1.1.4

Once you load a project in QT creator, it would check if it already has the settings done (to be built for targets - Desktop, simulator, harmattan, this it takes from the <app>.pro.user file), and it loads the same settings.

Close all the projects in QT Creator. Go to the project folder in the directory in the system. Delete the <app>.pro.user file and the qtc_packaging folder (Do not delete from Qtcreator itself incase you have done it that way earlier).

Now open/switch to Qtcreator and load your project again, it would ask for settings and once harmattan is selected, it would proceed to ask to include the qtc_packaging folder and files in it, say yes now.
    You should be able to build your app and run it.