Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Angry It's a shame this be allowed by Ovi Store!!!!!!

Sun & Moon (http://store.ovi.com/content/223658)

"Great idea but
    helen.mperou num Nokia C7-00 há 6 horas

There is much better application in ovi store! It's called 's&m info'.
    This one is very expensive and GPS is not including!
    It's not useful to me to copy paste my location."
    Sun & Moon Lite (http://store.ovi.com/content/223668)

"Good idea but
    helen.mperou num Nokia C7-00 há 6 horas

It should include GPS automatice locator, it's note easy to copy paste my location fron another application!"
    Why the same user buy in the same day the full and the lite version of the same app, makes a similar criticism (to both in the same hour),
    and in the full version refers to another application?

Is this a normal user???? To me is another developer trying to promote their application.

It's a shame this be allowed by Ovi Store!!!!!!

I've already made two complaints to the store, none answered. And the sales always droping. Thank you very much.

If Ovi Store enjoy working with developers who do dirty game and do nothing about. Don't count on me.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: It's a shame this be allowed by Ovi Store!!!!!!

Did you consider that she could be a real user, who tried first the lite and then the full version of the app and found it not to match her expectations? Or should she be a competitor developer, promoting other app, could it be that her feedback is valid, and for example location acquisition should be part of the app's features?

You should focus more on what you can do to improve your application and less on what a particular reviewer says. For example I would expect that the lite version of an app would be free (or ad based, or just one version using try and buy scheme powered by In-Application Purchase) while the full version of the app is not only paid but also tells me what I get for the money.

You have now the same app, with exactly the same description, and therefore presumably the same features, at two different price points. Which one should I buy? What do I get? At best I'd buy the cheap one, if I find it. Are you trying to make the full app drive the sales of your lite one, or the other way around?

I don't see what kind of moderation do you expect the store to make. A negative review can always be offset with a positive one, if you deserve one. Until then, make sure you sell your app right.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Of course, I considered a real user. If you search my applications I have some of them with one star and I'm not complaining (it's my fault).

Thanks for the tip, but that's how I think. I already received some contacts and some criticisms and proceeded to improve the applications, is as it should be.

Lucian, if you think that in this case is that (real user), I can only ask for apologies from the post.

Be well.

Only to be clear.

The description is the same but tell the differences of the two apps.

I already changed the description, but I'm waiting, for days, for the QA approvement of the text (BAD). The App was updated, but unfortunately the updated text appear only to those who have already downloaded the application (BAD - should appear to everyone).

About GPS. The application was made to be compatible with ALL Nokia mobile phones. In S40 despite the most recent have location API does not have GPS chip (BAD).

I will decide if I remove the application from the store or if I make only available to those who do not have GPS chip (S40).

I do not want to frustrate the customers of Ovi Store (or my possible customers).

Quote Originally Posted by cotonet View Post
    unfortunately the updated text appear only to those who have already downloaded the application
    I think you wrote an "update text" and didn't change the description. You have to change the description and delete the "update text", then it should be visible for everyone.

Yes it did.
    I always thought that it appears to everyone. Only after the app to be updated, I realized it did not.

In the Publish Form is:

Release notes will be displayed in the store in case of an application update.
    Rule string length range: 5-500
    The app was updated but the text in the store remains the same.

But already updated the main description, but a simple change of the text takes "years" in QA.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Cotonet,

Which application is not showing up properly on the store? I can take a look at your content for you.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Hi Andrew.

I Updated some apps, and make Release Notes, but when the app was updated the Release Notes not appear in store.

I already update the description in some of the apps, and I'm waiting by QA.

Apps: 213175 ; 223658 (I update description waiting by QA)
    Apps: 218700 ; 213191 ; 223668 (I don't update description - release note not appear)

Thanks