Discussion Board

Using com.nokia.extras components (TimePickerDialog) in Qt simulator

Is it possible to run in Qt simulator a QML application that uses extras components (com.nokia.extras)? for example if I instantiate a TimePickerDialog, I get the list of errors below when I execute the application. It works fine on device. I have updated the SDK to the latest release avaiable as of today.

Here is the main QML code:
    -----
    import QtQuick 1.1
    import com.nokia.meego 1.0
    import com.nokia.extras 1.1

Page {

Button{
    anchors.centerIn: parent
    text: qsTr("Pick time")
    onClicked: tDialog.open()
    }

TimePickerDialog {
    id: tDialog
    titleText: "Pick"
    onAccepted: console.log("Accepted")
    }

}

------

The errors displayed in Qt Creator:

RemoteThemeDaemonClient: Failed to connect to theme server (that's OK if you're on a PC)
    LocalThemeDaemonClient: Looking for assets in "/home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc//harmattanthemes/blanco/meegotouch"
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/Window.qml:103:13: QML QDeclarativeConnections_QML_9: Cannot assign to non-existent property "onSoftwareInputPanelVisibleChanged"
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/Window.qml:103:13: QML QDeclarativeConnections_QML_9: Cannot assign to non-existent property "onSoftwareInputPanelRectChanged"
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-toolbar-landscape-background.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:89:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-toolbar-landscape-background
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:89:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-toolbar-landscape-background
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-menu-shadow-bottom.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:82:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-shadow-bottom
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-menu-shadow-right.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:76:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-shadow-right
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-menu-shadow-top.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:70:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-shadow-top
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-menu-shadow-left.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:64:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-shadow-left
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-bottom-right.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:126:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-bottom-right
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-bottom-left.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:121:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-bottom-left
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-top-right.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:116:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-top-right
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-top-left.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:111:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-top-left
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-button-background.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/StatusBar.qml:58: TypeError: Result of expression 'screen.updatePlatformStatusBarRect' [undefined] is not a function.
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/Page.qml:107: TypeError: Result of expression 'screen.setAllowedOrientations' [undefined] is not a function.
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/extras.1.1/Tumbler.qml:133: Unable to assign [undefined] to int top
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/extras.1.1/Tumbler.qml:133: Unable to assign [undefined] to int bottom
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/extras.1.1/Tumbler.qml:133: Unable to assign [undefined] to int left
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/extras.1.1/Tumbler.qml:133: Unable to assign [undefined] to int right
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/CommonDialog.qml:189: Unable to assign [undefined] to int spacing
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/CommonDialog.qml:143: Unable to assign [undefined] to double rightMargin
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/CommonDialog.qml:122: Unable to assign [undefined] to double margins
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/CommonDialog.qml:130: Unable to assign [undefined] to int font.pixelSize
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/CommonDialog.qml:130: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString font.family
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/CommonDialog.qml:131: Unable to assign [undefined] to QColor color
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/Window.qml:124: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool active
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/Window.qml:148: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString state
    Cannot open file 'meegotouch-toolbar-portrait-background.svg', because: No such file or directory
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:89:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-toolbar-portrait-background
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:89:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-toolbar-portrait-background
    file:///home/user/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/Window.qml:148: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString state

Super Contributor

Re: Using com.nokia.extras components (TimePickerDialog) in Qt simulator

Yes, it is. Extras components are part of Qt SDK and your code works perfectly for me.
    Picker dialog is shown in my Qt SDK simulator and I don't get any error message.

From your log I can see your app imports Symbian components (/com/nokia/symbian.1.1).
    About the SVG files. Qt SDK doesn't provide any SVG file for meego theme.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I'm developing for meego target if that wasn't clear.

I don't know why those SVG errors are there, but they are not related to my app - all I have is the default template application and the MainPage.qml above.

Is there something specific that needs to be done to take the extras components in use? I get the same error in two separate installations of the SDK, one on Linux and one on Mac.

Also, if I remove the TimePickerDialog component instantiation, everything works fine.

Super Contributor

In theory extras components should work out of the box.
    I know SVG errors are not related to your code, but I'm wondering why LocalThemeDaemonClient looks for them when PNGs are available.

I have understood you are using meego target, but what I don't understand is why your app imports symbian specific components. (see your error messages!).
    MeeGo should use
    ./Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/CommonDialog.qml, but in your case Qt Creator is using
    Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/CommonDialog.qml which belongs to Symbian and has different properties.

So your Qt creator is mixing components. Do you have ./Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/CommonDialog.qml?

Quote Originally Posted by gnuton View Post
    In theory extras components should work out of the box.
    So your Qt creator is mixing components. Do you have ./Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/meego/CommonDialog.qml?
    I do. In case it helps, this is the listing of Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia/extras.1.1:

~/QtSDK/Simulator/Qt/gcc/imports/com/nokia$ ls extras.1.1/
    Constants.js qmldir TumblerDialog.qml
    DatePickerDialog.qml RatingIndicator.qml TumblerIndexHelper.js
    InfoBanner.qml SearchBox.qml Tumbler.js
    libsymbianextrasplugin_1_1.so TimePickerDialog.qml Tumbler.qml
    plugins.qmltypes TumblerColumn.qml TumblerTemplate.qml

I reinstalled Qt SDK 1.1.4 with Harmattan target from scratch, leaving out the Qt Quick components for Symbian. Now com.nokia.extras is not found at all. So it looks like the extras components are available only for Symbian?

OK finally found the solution from another thread. One has to select the Harmattan extras components in the simulator settings: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...tePicker-Meego

Super Contributor

Ok, Now it's clear why your Simulator was looking for Symbian components.