Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

Question In-app purchasing - Repeating a purchase

Hi,

I’d like to know how to config IAP item so that it can be purchased several times. It’s pretty similar to this design:
    https://projects.developer.nokia.com...23CCA5222.html

The problem is when I try repeating a purchase for the same productID, the payment process can’t be done because IAP system assumes that the item has already been purchased. Moreover, using NO_FORCED_RESTORATION flag doesn’t help:

m_pIAPManager. purchaseProduct(m_strProductID, IAPClientPaymentManager.NO_FORCED_RESTORATION);

Can anybody help with a solution?

Thanks a lot.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: In-app purchasing - Repeating a purchase

Hi ctphong82

Unless your application get published and processed by OVI Store it behaves like it is DRM protection model in test mode -- i.e. you cannot buy an item multiple times and IAPClient::NO_FORCED_RESTORATION flag has no effect. This is a bit confusing but it is per IAP design.

To test multiple purchases in test mode set the contents of TEST_MODE.TXT to the following:

Code:
    [testserver]
    testMode=purchase
    Regards,
    Igor

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi izinin,

Unless your application get published and processed by OVI Store it behaves like it is DRM protection model in test mode -- i.e. you cannot buy an item multiple times and IAPClient::NO_FORCED_RESTORATION flag has no effect. This is a bit confusing but it is per IAP design.
    First of all, I'm grateful that you can confirm it is the expected behavior during test mode.

Secondly, I've tried to edit the TEST_MODE.TXT as your suggestion but still I receive 'You have already purchased this item' in the second purchase. Is it expected behavior or there is other thing that I need to config? FYI, I've tested on Asha 303.

Great thanks.

Nokia Developer Expert

hi

make sure TEST_MODE.txt is deployed to your device in the application private folder. I checked that approach and it does work.

Regards,
    Igor

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Igor,

Can you please show me how to deploy TEST_MODE.txt into the application private folder? I've used file explorer application to check and there is only the icon file inside. Please note that I've tried to use Nokia PC Suite to install my jar file to the phone memory/sd card.

Thanks,
    Cao Phong

Nokia Developer Moderator

You are talking about different platforms
    - Ctphong82: dot-s in the code (method, constant), lower case purchaseProduct suggest Java, but in a very invisible way. Later appears Asha 303, and now jar. So it is Java
    - Izinin: C++ scope operator :: in the first post, and private folder later: the posts are about the C++ (Qt) API on Symbian devices.

Nokia Developer Expert

Nice catch . I didn't notice that. Anyway, I just want to know whether the IAP system allows us to purchase one productID several times or not. And it's already been made clear by Igor.

Thanks a lot, guys!